Release of Lockerbie bomber

JensenPark

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents,

1. I totally agree with your views. Humanitary reasons, my ass... That's why the war against the terrorism will never b won. The west rules him self by international law, which is fine by me, but when one does fight an enemy that put guns in the hands of children, or decapitates inocente civilian's on TV in order to gane something, the action must b other.

2. another thing this shows, in my opinion, is that Kadafi, still as strong influence in the backstage of politics, and our world liders r puppets.

it's a shame. :(

cheers

Without giving too much credence to the wilder conspiracy theories about the Lockerbie bombing, I'd like to suggest that there appears to be at least some evidence that al-Megrahi was innnocent.

I believe that was one of the main reasons they let him out. He certainly proclaimeded he was innocent but then, they always do that, don't they.

:bg:

Ditto Tribunus, Painless, and DT, among others. There should have been an ACTUAL investigation and a MEANINGFUL new trial if there were LEGIT questions; we FORMERLY did that in the US, but political capitol mostly prevents that now. I wonder how many more similarly ill Scottish inmates of even lesser charges are NOT being released.

IF he is guilty (most likely), then It seems the Scottish judiciary has failed its duty

Gentlemen

As a newly-arrived member of the Dogz, I was expecting to find a diverse group of people, with a wide range of views on all sorts of topics, and being the rabid ex-trot that I am, was not expecting to find many who would agree with me on political issues (I often don't even agree with myself....). I was, however, expecting some degree of moderation at least in postings to topics, given this, from 'Standing Orders..or how we like to try and do things.......'

(http://www.dangerdogz.com/forums/index.php/topic,6623.0.html)

The Forum

The place where we can all post our inner most thoughts and ideas. Threads and discussions are started on the broadest range of subjects, although there may be some you disagree with, please respect the opinions of the other posters. The Forum is moderated and unacceptable postings will not be tolerated - we give Jensen Park a bit of slack on this though, as he has been known to be funny and we never know when that may happen again.

Even allowing for the 'bit of slack' for Jensen Park, I still feel that what has been said on this topic goes beyond what I feel ought to be acceptable. As I say, this is my opinion, and I realise this is a contraversial issue, but if the sort of language that has been used on this topic is considered by the Dogz to be reasonable, then regretfully, I can not remain a member.

I very much regret this, as my personal dealings with all the Dogz I've met online have without exception been cordial, and I have been given far more assistance than I could reasonably expect. I was hoping to get to know you all better, at which point no doubt you would have ripped into my politics, and no doubt much else besides. This is no doubt par for the course, and I would expect to reply in kind. What has been going on on this forum is however beyond anything I would like to associate myself with, and it would be totally dishonest of me not to express my deep distaste over this issue. To be brutally frank, I consider several postings to be overtly racist, intolerant of any cultural

Tolerance cuts both ways Andy and I happen to think your post was intolerant. I would be sorry to see you go but if you think you must, then perhaps it would be for the best.

I know for a fact that Scotland released him because they wanted to spare themselves the expense. The compassion story was a blind.

Huh?

I don't know if the guy was guilty or not not but since he was convicted I must assume he was.

He would have caused the mental anguish of thousands of people over the death their innocent loved ones. The victims are the ones who deserve compassion, certainly not the ones with evil in their heart.

Mourn the sheep, the wolves choose their own destiny.

Sorry mate, but how does ones distaste over the release of a convicted criminal (who just so happens to be convicted of killing 270 people) make someone a racist, or intolerant of cultural diversity? My Black, Hispanic, Arab and Asian friends might be interested in that answer as well.

I'm amazed at how calm I was in the last post, but my blood is starting to boil right now, so I'll only say this; It really pisses me off when someone calls me or my friends a racist, with no cause whatsoever. Any fucking thing but that.

I'm amazed at how calm I was in the last post, but my blood is starting to boil right now, so I'll only say this; It really pisses me off when someone calls me or my friends a racist, with no cause whatsoever. Any gosh (bless me Friar)ing thing but that.

Badaim, don't you have something against people from Colorado???

LOL, no it's the French, but only because I'm of French lineage and I have a self loathing problem, and speaking of self loathing, no one likes New Yorkers, they don't even like themselves, except for DT and he likes himself entirely too much. As far as the Polish go, everyone is just jealous 'cause they have all the hot chicks.

Speaking of DT, either he hasn't read this yet, or he's sworn off all political discussion, in which case he must be off kicking the cat. Poor cat.

Tolerance cuts both ways Andy and I happen to think your post was intolerant. I would be sorry to see you go but if you think you must, then perhaps it would be for the best.

I know for a fact that Scotland released him because they wanted to spare themselves the expense. The compassion story was a blind.