A Point of View

Tribunus

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heh heh. Yeah, a Tom Clancy jam like that will make a priest curse.

Badaim, she got a better grip on the weapon correcting that. Shortly after, she got a Taurus Pt92, which is basically a brazilian Baretta M-92 wiht the original frame mounted thumb DOWN safety as designed, not that lousy SW style thumb UP slide mounted thing that some moron pentagon analyst came up with. Much faster and easier to use. I just couldn't believe I could make the Browning do it at will by holding it on its side a la gangsta method.

Incidentally, yrs later when we were still, um, "good" friends (cheaper than actually going with them), I just happened to be the dispatcher she called at 911 in the wee hrs as this drunk Mexican dude was trying to climb into her bedroom window. Can't say I blame him, but he should have gone through channels first. This was similar to the few other times an ARMED person called 911 under such circumstances; No fear or screaming, just hoping the cops got there before she had to 'double tap' him (NOW you know the origin of our esteemed comrade's call sign). she basically was locked and loaded, hammer back, safety on (cant do that with the issue Baretta goofy moron safety).

I sent the cops running emergency to this 'burglary in progress', but just as he was hanging half in the window yelling something in Spanish, the city cops arrived. She stood down and nearly choked laughing as this fool tried to kick the cops. It was a bad night for him, as she had a couple of those damn cactus plants beneath her window he had avoided climbing up, but became intimate with as the cops dragged him down by his feet.

What amazed me was that he was still coming in despite her pointing a rather sizable 9mm auto at him after dropping the slide on it. Amazing.

And for anyone curious, she's in the "Cindy" folder in myspace photography site. I can't put the best ones in there.

Aw hell, here she is about that time loading my Browning 22 lever action.

Scan571adj.jpg

And for purely informational purposes and as official moral officer, a shot taken a couple yrs later before I had proper studio lighting etc. I felt the opportunity should be preserved, despite lack of proper equipment.

newscan6-150003-Badj.jpg

I've been beaned off the head a few times.....distracting to say the least. My Glock 19 had a particularly vicious ejection, nearly straight to the right at sufficient velocity to send cases 20ft, or draw blood as and unfortunate friend found out. Damn thing always left a big dent on the case mouth, made reloading difficult, we always had to watch for badly "Glocked" cases so we didn't get cracks. Funny how guns have their own personality.

For the record, Cindy was NOT married; I got her between hubbys for a few yrs. I never even noticed that ring, as she had all sorts of rings.

Rest assured, I am not the one who would have to worry in such an event. I did however get a bit carried away instructing Carla (who had a bit larger assets) in weapons use before she shipped out to the Army in 1990, as can be seen in this 1989 photo.

Scan550.jpg