A Point of View

Tribunus

I noticed that word too, it's not a normal word for my parts, so I just looked it up.

agog

\uh-GOG\ , adjective:

Full of excitement or interest; in eager desire; eager, keen.

Definitely not what I expected it to mean.

I was expecting, "shock/flabbergasted"

New word for me, I'm agog to get around using it at work, I'm sure it will stump the rest of us in these parts too.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First off Arthur, I would like to point out that the Browning Hi-Power (or P-35) is not "fully automatic" but is a self or auto loading pistol, and as such is capable only of firing one round per trigger pull. Second, I am of a mind that Mr. Browning got it right the first time

Tongue, held firmly, in cheek ;)

Edit;

Actually BA your bit about leaving the police to spray the neighbourhood shows something the US and UK have definitely got in common!!

LOL, you got me. I do maintain my position though, that to the best of my knowledge this is not a factory option (though several makers do make full auto pistols) I am curious if this is a modification or a malfunction, the Hi-Power is made in several countries and many of them are just crap, so my vote is for malfunction.

LOL, you got me. I do maintain my position though, that to the best of my knowledge this is not a factory option (though several makers do make full auto pistols) I am curious if this is a modification or a malfunction, the Hi-Power is made in several countries and many of them are just crap, so my vote is for malfunction.

I doubt if it would have been made in a Western country. My Browning HP in the army went through 2 barrels in my years of service, and it never once malfunctioned. Not even a single stovepipe casing or misfeed. It was perfect! Made in 1943 by the Inglis Refrigerator company. It's probably still in service!

I do remember that there were some European made HP's that were full auto from the factory. I never saw one in the military. Too hard to control to be useful, and the pistol was only there to make us tankers not feel so naked when we went to orders groups. I preferred my C8 carbine.

I'll have to do some research on those full auto P-35's, I've just never heard of them. Full auto pistols are definitely a niche weapon, but can be useful in well trained hands and are especially popular with protective details where sub guns might be obtrusive (you can read politically incorrect here). As for the regular P-35's, I agree that they are magnificent weapons, and from my experience most are quite good. I am just more comfortable with a 1911 in my hand, and enjoy a more serious caliber. If a 9mm is required I just love my Sig 228, as I never have had the opportunity to practice my malfunction clearance skills with it (at least not without staging them).

My Browning HP in the army went through 2 barrels in my years of service, and it never once malfunctioned. Not even a single stovepipe casing or misfeed. It was perfect!

That's what convinced me to switch from my 'then' issue M-1911 .45 cal to the HP.

I'm sure you will have your Browning......and an M-4 might be handy as well.

Back before I had to sell most of it, the only two revolvers in my collection were a small Taurus 2 inch 38, which some maggot stole outta my vehicle (that's why I carried places my car might be vulnerable), and a 6.5 inch SW M-29 in .44 Mag. I handloaded for it (lighter 180 gr JHP that had much higher velocity but much less recoil, like Dirty Harry used), and enjoyed shooting it.

I figured if I was gonna be limited to 6 shots, they may as well be cannon rounds.

Flame away? O.K; bear in mind I'm only familiar with standard British infantry weapons of the early-mid eighties. :drunken_smilie:

AK47? I dont think I really want to get that close to the bad guys for that thing to become effective!!

M16...mmmmm, lovely, light, feels good...zap,zap,zap :)

SLR (FN rifle), lovely, very well made, feels good...blap,blap,blap ;) but after the approach march you arrive at the start line with a hernia :o

If I was at the controls I'd have had the m16 all the time.

And a .50 if you had the choice, Tribunus!! I forecaste double hernia, rupture and new hips! :roflmao:

Ever considered one of these with a Hi power as back up when the dust has settled!? Lol.

backviewsm1.jpg

I'd want the M14, (rather use the M1, but not enough rounds per clip for me, and the clip ring when I'm empty and the time it takes to reload) and a Tommy and barrel clip over my shoulder once things got too close.