I'm watching Apollo 11 as I did 40 yrs ago. What were YOU guys doing then?

Enforcer57

• 1. DDz Quorum

i was 7 and remember being taken as a class by our teacher to watch some of it on a tv in the school hall, cant remeber if it was a re-run or not though, what time did they land?

• 1. DDz Quorum

i was 7 and remember being taken as a class by our teacher to watch some of it on a tv in the school hall, cant remeber if it was a re-run or not though, what time did they land?

Cool guys. THat's so neat, since it was one of hte events everyone remembers where they were when it happened. It was in the afternoon when Eagle landed, but the EVA took place much later at night. It got dark around 9pm EST around here (Ga, US), and I clearly remember it being a later night event, pretty late in fact.

Ditto the point about humans doing this, as they were down to 15 seconds fuel. Petty gutsy. Test pilots man, test pilots. Armstrong had lots of time in the X-15.

Cool guys. THat's so neat, since it was one of hte events everyone remembers where they were when it happened. It was in the afternoon when Eagle landed, but the EVA took place much later at night. It got dark around 9pm EST around here (Ga, US), and I clearly remember it being a later night event, pretty late in fact.

Ditto the point about humans doing this, as they were down to 15 seconds fuel. Petty gutsy. Test pilots man, test pilots. Armstrong had lots of time in the X-15.