I'm watching Apollo 11 as I did 40 yrs ago. What were YOU guys doing then?

Enforcer57

For the ones old enough to remember such of course. I have been absorbed in this the last couple of days, as I clearly remember watching all this on BW TVs and being totally fascinated. I was from a family of two aviator parents, so of course I was totally absorbed in this stuff-hell, sometimes I got to stay home when the Gemini flights were launched, but back then the teachers would usually wheel a BW tv in the classrooms...even in South Alabama (Enterprise, a la Ft. Rucker). . I was 12 yrs old when Eagle landed on the sea of tranquility, and was in my Grandfathers(mom's side) new Lincoln Continental on the way back from a lame trip to my great grandparents house in South Carolina (which I think was a location used in the Movie Deliverance). I was wanting to get home ASAP so I could watch all this, so it was fortunate my grandpa was a leadfoot-he had been a pilot as well (piper J-5) and wanted to see it to.

I was listening on the AM radio as the LEM was landing and hearing Armstrong say "Houston, tranquility base here, the Eagle has landed", and going ape wanting a TV. From the moment I got back to the Ga. location where both sets of grandparents lived (it was summer, and I spent much of my summers there) I was in front of

For the ones old enough to remember such of course. I have been absorbed in this the last couple of days, as I clearly remember watching all this on BW TVs and being totally fascinated. I was from a family of two aviator parents, so of course I was totally absorbed in this stuff-hell, sometimes I got to stay home when the Gemini flights were launched, but back then the teachers would usually wheel a BW tv in the classrooms...even in South Alabama (Enterprise, a la Ft. Rucker). . I was 12 yrs old when Eagle landed on the sea of tranquility, and was in my Grandfathers(mom's side) new Lincoln Continental on the way back from a lame trip to my great grandparents house in South Carolina (which I think was a location used in the Movie Deliverance). I was wanting to get home ASAP so I could watch all this, so it was fortunate my grandpa was a leadfoot-he had been a pilot as well (piper J-5) and wanted to see it to.

I was listening on the AM radio as the LEM was landing and hearing Armstrong say "Houston, tranquility base here, the Eagle has landed", and going ape wanting a TV. From the moment I got back to the Ga. location where both sets of grandparents lived (it was summer, and I spent much of my summers there) I was in front of