Connection problems

Sweper

Last three weeks, or maby shorter time, I have got problem to load the missions in BG´s co-ops. This only happen on bg.servegame on ubizoo or other co-ops during the week when BG is hosting.

When Friar or TOAD hosting, or sombody else, or on the dogs.servegame, there is no such problem. First misson takes not so long time to download but after a couple mission I dont even get in to the game any more.

Jediteo who is in the same country, 250km away from me, has no problem he told me on saturadays co-op.

It seems that my "line" to Canada is interupted in some way that I dont understand. This was not a problem before!

Anybody have a clue?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last three weeks, or maby shorter time, I have got problem to load the missions in BG´s co-ops. This only happen on bg.servegame on ubizoo or other co-ops during the week when BG is hosting.

When Friar or TOAD hosting, or sombody else, or on the dogs.servegame, there is no such problem. First misson takes not so long time to download but after a couple mission I dont even get in to the game any more.

Jediteo who is in the same country, 250km away from me, has no problem he told me on saturadays co-op.

It seems that my "line" to Canada is interupted in some way that I dont understand. This was not a problem before!

Anybody have a clue?

Jim, I bought more memory couple of month ago. The only thing I know for sure I have changed with the game is that now I am not using the CD anymore. Could that be the problem? Slower loading of aircrafts etc.?

Swep

Jim, I bought more memory couple of month ago. The only thing I know for sure I have changed with the game is that now I am not using the CD anymore. Could that be the problem? Slower loading of aircrafts etc.?

Swep

Swep,

Try http://www.speedtest.net/ and pick a server from Canada and see what speeds you get. Then post here and we can compare to see if it's your ISP.

p.s. Here was my result to Edmonton, Alberta CA.

520627181.png

A ping of 169ms ain't too shabby.

Tell us yours.

Swep,

Try http://www.speedtest.net/ and pick a server from Canada and see what speeds you get. Then post here and we can compare to see if it's your ISP.

p.s. Here was my result to Edmonton, Alberta CA.

520627181.png

A ping of 169ms ain't too shabby.

Tell us yours.

Maybe try and cleanup your \Missions\Net\cache folder?

That is a great idea. Just delete the whole file Sven. I do it periodically. Also do you run a registry cleaner? I run a program called Easy Cleaner by Toni Arts every couple of weeks. It is a mild utility but keeps the registry nice and lean.

Maybe try and cleanup your \Missions\Net\cache folder?

That is a great idea. Just delete the whole file Sven. I do it periodically. Also do you run a registry cleaner? I run a program called Easy Cleaner by Toni Arts every couple of weeks. It is a mild utility but keeps the registry nice and lean.

~S~ mates and thanks for your input!

First I did a connection test. Seems that the Edmonton ping time is what I normally have on co-op´s:

Closest

520646663.png

Edmonton Canada

520647711.png

Then I cleaned the cache folder. Did not know about that one.

I do defrag my hd regulary. Latest was a day befor ubizoo co-op.

Jim, sure like to do a register clean-up. I have been a bit scared to use those programs, but with your help ...! I am on comms all day with my speakers tuned up since I watching BO all day.

Cheerio

Swep

~S~ mates and thanks for your input!

First I did a connection test. Seems that the Edmonton ping time is what I normally have on co-op´s:

Closest

520646663.png

Edmonton Canada

520647711.png

Then I cleaned the cache folder. Did not know about that one.

I do defrag my hd regulary. Latest was a day befor ubizoo co-op.

Jim, sure like to do a register clean-up. I have been a bit scared to use those programs, but with your help ...! I am on comms all day with my speakers tuned up since I watching BO all day.

Cheerio

Swep

• 2. Administrators

I know what you mean Sven. I once ran a program called Crap Cleaner. It messed my computer up so bad and knocked out my Internet connection, I had to reformat. Then I knew why they called it Crap Cleaner.

Once you have Easy Cleaner installed, let me know and I will jump on TS.

:bg:

• 2. Administrators

I know what you mean Sven. I once ran a program called Crap Cleaner. It messed my computer up so bad and knocked out my Internet connection, I had to reformat. Then I knew why they called it Crap Cleaner.

Once you have Easy Cleaner installed, let me know and I will jump on TS.

:bg: