Flying Legends 2009 Debrief Thread

Jabo

I couldnt get on the 11th, it was today (the 12th) that I went (for Fireman).

the weather was sunny and a little breezy but strangely I look like like a lobster, I say that because I work outdoors most of the time and I havent caught the sun as much as today which is really weird as there was a heatwave not so long ago, it does hurt by the way.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the weather was sunny and a little breezy but strangely I look like like a lobster, I say that because I work outdoors most of the time and I havent caught the sun as much as today which is really weird as there was a heatwave not so long ago, it does hurt by the way.

• 2. Administrators

• 2. Administrators

• 1. DDz Quorum

Not long from getting back in from my other major event of the weekend, a family gathering to say 'Hi' to my little!! bro who is back on Army leave for a week or so - he says 'Hi' to those Dogz that met him and the twins at Duxford last year and I am STILL trying to convince him to take up IL2 rather than wait for BoB to come out - WIP.

Couldn't wait to get here to see what has been put up and I have laughed out loud (not as much as I did last night when discussing the intricasies of that famed sci-fi series 'Red Dwarf') at the posts up as they are so true to the nature of the weekend. There will be much more, I am sure.....

Great piccies, keep 'em coming....

OT, that is a brilliant summary, I am currently lost for words but grateful for the appropriate way in which you dealt with my messing malfunction....

Vila, the reason my first wife and I didn't see eye to eye was probably due to the fact that she was 12 inches shorter than me......

Fantastic weekend. Thanks for the company, mates, looking forward to next year already and the progression of this thread.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Not long from getting back in from my other major event of the weekend, a family gathering to say 'Hi' to my little!! bro who is back on Army leave for a week or so - he says 'Hi' to those Dogz that met him and the twins at Duxford last year and I am STILL trying to convince him to take up IL2 rather than wait for BoB to come out - WIP.

Couldn't wait to get here to see what has been put up and I have laughed out loud (not as much as I did last night when discussing the intricasies of that famed sci-fi series 'Red Dwarf') at the posts up as they are so true to the nature of the weekend. There will be much more, I am sure.....

Great piccies, keep 'em coming....

OT, that is a brilliant summary, I am currently lost for words but grateful for the appropriate way in which you dealt with my messing malfunction....

Vila, the reason my first wife and I didn't see eye to eye was probably due to the fact that she was 12 inches shorter than me......

Fantastic weekend. Thanks for the company, mates, looking forward to next year already and the progression of this thread.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well, none of my m8s told me not to wear them.....it was only in the evening when someone from 69GIAP pointed and laughed at my legs that I decided to throw my dinner over them (cut-offs, not 69GIAP) so that I had to change them....

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well, none of my m8s told me not to wear them.....it was only in the evening when someone from 69GIAP pointed and laughed at my legs that I decided to throw my dinner over them (cut-offs, not 69GIAP) so that I had to change them....

Howdy all!

Finally made it back today (12h30 am), after a brilliant, smashing weekend!

My 1st ever airshow, my 1st ever internetdate, really, how much better can it get?

Was impressed and in awe, especcially with the FW-190 taking off, soaked in the sounds (spitties!!) (made contact with an older gentleman on friday, a fully equiped soundengineer, who will provide me with sounds for future modding!! ) and smells of planes passing by, in short, I had a blast!..

I've had some great laughs, and learned a bit about the people behind the faces....

And I felt like an American coming back to the UK, sharing chocolate and sigarettes, much to the frustration of Friar trying to keep us from smoking...

Kevin, it was a real pleasure finally meeting you in person, since we met on the electronic highway, way before we both ever knew the Dogz existed!

Painless, I never would've guessed you where THAT far OFF the grid, definatly need to send you some screws....2nd Psycho in the making?

Howdy all!

Finally made it back today (12h30 am), after a brilliant, smashing weekend!

My 1st ever airshow, my 1st ever internetdate, really, how much better can it get?

Was impressed and in awe, especcially with the FW-190 taking off, soaked in the sounds (spitties!!) (made contact with an older gentleman on friday, a fully equiped soundengineer, who will provide me with sounds for future modding!! ) and smells of planes passing by, in short, I had a blast!..

I've had some great laughs, and learned a bit about the people behind the faces....

And I felt like an American coming back to the UK, sharing chocolate and sigarettes, much to the frustration of Friar trying to keep us from smoking...

Kevin, it was a real pleasure finally meeting you in person, since we met on the electronic highway, way before we both ever knew the Dogz existed!

Painless, I never would've guessed you where THAT far OFF the grid, definatly need to send you some screws....2nd Psycho in the making?

• 2. Administrators

OK, here's the second set. During the afternoon, the weather gradually picked up, and we started to get some sunshine.

The Horsemen

[attachment=1][attachment=2]

B25s and P40

[attachment=3][attachment=4]

Skyraiders and Seafire

[attachment=5][attachment=6]

Sea Furies

[attachment=7][attachment=8][attachment=9]

BBMF Hurricane

[attachment=10]

Three Spitfires in formation

[attachment=11]

Jabo

P.S. ~S~ sged, glad you're back to civilisation

~S~ all

what a great weekend!!!

unfortunately my English is to poor to be able to express all my impressions and feelings. but in short; it was a blast. It was a real pleasure meeting you guys and I really hope that i'll be able to visit Duxford with you some time in the future again.

i've made 1500+ picture and i hope i'll be able to pick up few good ones. At the moment i'm at the work but as soon i get home i'll start going through the pictures. but please be patient guys cause it is 4 GB of pictures. it could take some time to go trough all of them.

Special thank to Jabo for everything he have done for the group and for me personally. Thx m8.

@ crash, jabo, friar, knight, ot, painless, sged and sid: real pleasure meeting all of you in person. ~S~

~S~ all

what a great weekend!!!

unfortunately my English is to poor to be able to express all my impressions and feelings. but in short; it was a blast. It was a real pleasure meeting you guys and I really hope that i'll be able to visit Duxford with you some time in the future again.

i've made 1500+ picture and i hope i'll be able to pick up few good ones. At the moment i'm at the work but as soon i get home i'll start going through the pictures. but please be patient guys cause it is 4 GB of pictures. it could take some time to go trough all of them.

Special thank to Jabo for everything he have done for the group and for me personally. Thx m8.

@ crash, jabo, friar, knight, ot, painless, sged and sid: real pleasure meeting all of you in person. ~S~