Flying Legends 2009 Debrief Thread

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Well, it's that time again...So here's the debrief thread ready for the photos and associated rambings. Hard to believe that in 72 hours or so it'll all be over for another year

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2. Administrators

Well, it's that time again...So here's the debrief thread ready for the photos and associated rambings. Hard to believe that in 72 hours or so it'll all be over for another year

• 2. Administrators

Just got back after a fairly marathon weekend, and I'm pleased to report another successful DDz outing (as far as I'm aware, we're not banned from anywhere). The weather at least was dry, but lousy for photos (more later). Highlights of the show for me were the FW190, 2 Sea Furies, finding Heliopause, and Sged, Gec & Vila for providing this year's overseas contingent.

Oh, and we also met GIAP who insisted on taking our photos for reasons which at present are unclear...

There will be pictures soon, but I need to photoshop them to sort out the lighting a bit first (there's people pictures too - Jim)

~S~ to Friar, Painless, Sid, Knight, OT, Gec, Vila, Sged and Crash for a great weekend!

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Just got back after a fairly marathon weekend, and I'm pleased to report another successful DDz outing (as far as I'm aware, we're not banned from anywhere). The weather at least was dry, but lousy for photos (more later). Highlights of the show for me were the FW190, 2 Sea Furies, finding Heliopause, and Sged, Gec & Vila for providing this year's overseas contingent.

Oh, and we also met GIAP who insisted on taking our photos for reasons which at present are unclear...

There will be pictures soon, but I need to photoshop them to sort out the lighting a bit first (there's people pictures too - Jim)

~S~ to Friar, Painless, Sid, Knight, OT, Gec, Vila, Sged and Crash for a great weekend!

Jabo

~S~, What an amazing weekend, wow, just wow, im still in a day dream like trance about it to be honest, ive got a few basic videos of the planes from my mobile phone, they have captured the sounds pretty damn well, but because of the light, some of the planes are just black outlines, most of my photo's have turned out way too dark, and photoshop will not save them :(

Another thing that amazed me, was meeting the guys, finally putting faces to the names and having a good laugh just makes it all the more real

~S~, What an amazing weekend, wow, just wow, im still in a day dream like trance about it to be honest, ive got a few basic videos of the planes from my mobile phone, they have captured the sounds pretty damn well, but because of the light, some of the planes are just black outlines, most of my photo's have turned out way too dark, and photoshop will not save them :(

Another thing that amazed me, was meeting the guys, finally putting faces to the names and having a good laugh just makes it all the more real

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute to all who were there, as it turned out I was Senior Dog on Parade and I am proud to say that no one let me down, well, nearly no one......there was that incident between sid and painless and things that go bump in the night, sged being told to keep the noise down, oh and gec and vila snoring contest.....ot and that shirt....crash, well just crash really, jabo taking old men in the early hours of the moring to the air show, even if they did not want to go, knight and the nurses...oh feck...it was chaos....and brilliant..

backrow: crash, friar, vila, sid, painless, jabo, knight

frontrow:ot, gec, sged

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute to all who were there, as it turned out I was Senior Dog on Parade and I am proud to say that no one let me down, well, nearly no one......there was that incident between sid and painless and things that go bump in the night, sged being told to keep the noise down, oh and gec and vila snoring contest.....ot and that shirt....crash, well just crash really, jabo taking old men in the early hours of the moring to the air show, even if they did not want to go, knight and the nurses...oh feck...it was chaos....and brilliant..

backrow: crash, friar, vila, sid, painless, jabo, knight

frontrow:ot, gec, sged

30_291fab1bc460fc7cb271989482f9acc9

Gec and I came home two hours ago.

Safely.

From Duxford to airport, everybody drove in wrong direction...again, all cars had steering wheel on wrong side...again...

Mad Brits!!!!

Anyway, I had a time of my life during last three days.

The DD crew over there is really something.

Everything, I mean everything was perfect.

Laughter that we had, Show by it self, thunderstorm of engines, air maneuvers, pools of beer, Bulgarian waitress, bunch of drunken Germans, guys from RAF with British version of "Lillie Marlen", debate is Painless human or does he in fact belongs to still uncovered category, pricks from 69th GIAP...

Gec, Jabo, Friar, Painless, Sid, Knight, OT, Sged, Crash...A huge THANK YOU for everything m8s!!!!!!

It was fantastic!!!!!

P.S. Sid m8, I'll get sick if you don't tell me WHAT TO HELL DID YOU DO TO YOUR WIFE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!