TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro - Best place to buy?

GreyKnight

Anyone know any better deals than this one on eBay? As I'm going to buy this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TrackIR-5-Pro-TrackClip-Pro-Optical-Track-System-NEW_W0QQitemZ140320495261QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20abc0d69d&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177&_trkparms=240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

$188 for it all, including the shipping to Austria.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know any better deals than this one on eBay? As I'm going to buy this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TrackIR-5-Pro-TrackClip-Pro-Optical-Track-System-NEW_W0QQitemZ140320495261QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20abc0d69d&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177&_trkparms=240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

$188 for it all, including the shipping to Austria.

GK, I'm flying to France on July 11th from Toronto.

If you want, you could have it shipped to me and I could bring it with me and forward it to Austria sometime after July 14- (arrival July 12 in Paris, settle in July 13, July 14 is Bastille day).

PM me if you are interested and we'll get the details sorted out.

PS- smuggling it up the pooper is a deal-breaker for me, sorry.

GK, I'm flying to France on July 11th from Toronto.

If you want, you could have it shipped to me and I could bring it with me and forward it to Austria sometime after July 14- (arrival July 12 in Paris, settle in July 13, July 14 is Bastille day).

PM me if you are interested and we'll get the details sorted out.

PS- smuggling it up the pooper is a deal-breaker for me, sorry.

• 2. Administrators

I got mine from RC Simulations in Bristol. Currently £139.99 for TIR5 + track clip pro. I can't link to it for some reason, but if you Google 'RC Simulations Bristol' it'll take you right there. Dunno what they charge for postage overseas, but I'm sure I could send it on to you if that's better.

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

I got mine from RC Simulations in Bristol. Currently £139.99 for TIR5 + track clip pro. I can't link to it for some reason, but if you Google 'RC Simulations Bristol' it'll take you right there. Dunno what they charge for postage overseas, but I'm sure I could send it on to you if that's better.

Jabo

CG,

Thanks for the offer of bringing it over the pond. I was seriously going to consider asking you to do that, till Jabo posted.

Jabo,

I'll have one more look around t'internet, and if I can't find a better offer than from that Bristol place, I'll buy it from them and have them send it to my mum's in Liverpool. As I'm going back over in 3 weeks.

Cheers all,

CG,

Thanks for the offer of bringing it over the pond. I was seriously going to consider asking you to do that, till Jabo posted.

Jabo,

I'll have one more look around t'internet, and if I can't find a better offer than from that Bristol place, I'll buy it from them and have them send it to my mum's in Liverpool. As I'm going back over in 3 weeks.

Cheers all,

• 2. Administrators

Couldn't say with certainty m8 as I never owned a TIR4. All I will say though is that I have been/am hugely impressed with the v5 mainly due to the fact that straight out of the box, it's performed flawlessly. I use it with a number of different games, and have found that it increases immersion significantly. For the difference in price, I'd probably go for the newer version.

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Couldn't say with certainty m8 as I never owned a TIR4. All I will say though is that I have been/am hugely impressed with the v5 mainly due to the fact that straight out of the box, it's performed flawlessly. I use it with a number of different games, and have found that it increases immersion significantly. For the difference in price, I'd probably go for the newer version.

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Jabo,

Any problems using it during the day or with bright lights on in the house? Does it work well whatever conditions?

Have you got the trackclip pro too?

GK,

No, no problems at all. My desk sits in the corner of a room with a north-facing window on the left hand side, so my monitor (and TIR cam) faces into the room. During the day the this part of the house is reasonably bright, although without direct sunlight, and TIR works without issue. At night the room light is behind me (although I use one of those energy saving bulbs, so it's not all that bright) and again TIR works as normal. I don't know how it would perform in a room with direct sunlight, but it seems to work OK here. I use a TrackClip Pro for preference, but I've tried it with the hat clip, and it works OK, but I have to dial up the sensitivity which I guess might cause problems in a brightly lit room.

Jabo