MOD switcher and MOD checker suddenly stops working?

Trout

• 2 weeks later...

Trout, I have no experience with 64bit, so I can't say for sure.

Now that's not entirely true.

Just last week I was over at a local friends installing this game, on his Vista machine.

It wouldn't start the game any version.

I tried the Net framework, it did as you said, I just ignored it, and took it for its word.

I then did a search and found out that Vista requires Il2, and I guess allot of things to be placed outside of Program files, in a separate folder for them to work.

So I did just that, made a new folder in C drive called Games, and installed IL2 in it.

It worked like a charm.

He wanted me to fix his CFS1 while I was there, I could get it to install, and run, but it would not see his joy stick.

It works in all of his other games, including IL2, weird too since its a none FFB Microsoft stick.

So yes do as FT told you or follow my format.

You might get lucky.

Trout, I have no experience with 64bit, so I can't say for sure.

Now that's not entirely true.

Just last week I was over at a local friends installing this game, on his Vista machine.

It wouldn't start the game any version.

I tried the Net framework, it did as you said, I just ignored it, and took it for its word.

I then did a search and found out that Vista requires Il2, and I guess allot of things to be placed outside of Program files, in a separate folder for them to work.

So I did just that, made a new folder in C drive called Games, and installed IL2 in it.

It worked like a charm.

He wanted me to fix his CFS1 while I was there, I could get it to install, and run, but it would not see his joy stick.

It works in all of his other games, including IL2, weird too since its a none FFB Microsoft stick.

So yes do as FT told you or follow my format.

You might get lucky.

Ya maybe TOAD (vista not liking games under C:Program Files...etc)

I have read that too, but it was shorty after I got this computer and had already installed all my games as I normally would under Program Files, including IL2.

Ya maybe TOAD (vista not liking games under C:Program Files...etc)

I have read that too, but it was shorty after I got this computer and had already installed all my games as I normally would under Program Files, including IL2.

• 2. Administrators

Hi Trout. I took the step of moving my IL2 installation away from the Windows system areas (e.g. Program Files) and it seems a lot happier now. I have no problems changing/updating etc etc. Since IL2 is completely self-contained (all the dlls etc that it needs are in the program folder), you can move it without worrying that you'll screw everything up...

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Hi Trout. I took the step of moving my IL2 installation away from the Windows system areas (e.g. Program Files) and it seems a lot happier now. I have no problems changing/updating etc etc. Since IL2 is completely self-contained (all the dlls etc that it needs are in the program folder), you can move it without worrying that you'll screw everything up...

Jabo

• 2 weeks later...