MOD switcher and MOD checker suddenly stops working?

Trout

Had a strange experiance today when I tried to join the Op. Pedestal campaign.

I started up the MOD switcher program and selected "4.08 mods no 6DOF" and I get an error message saying "somethingsomething 4.08 mod something can not be found".

• 1. DDz Quorum

To try and prevent the Error 70 on the Tempest Mod, try and de-activate it (by renaming the folder, put a - in front of it) or de-activate it using ChkMods.

Then, switch 'Keep unknown mods, make them inactive' to on and run Verify once more.

(ChkMods should now ignore the Tempest mod folder, and prevent the error 70. And maybe it can find a different issue...)

* Which switcher are you using?

* What version does ChkMods think you are running? (See the value of 'Active Mods identified as:', it's in the lower right part of ChkMods screen)

* What Tempest Mod is it that causes the error? (I want to try and see what's in there that ChkMods can't handle...)

* What version does ChkMods think you are running? (See the value of 'Active Mods identified as:', it's in the lower right part of ChkMods screen)

* What Tempest Mod is it that causes the error? (I want to try and see what's in there that ChkMods can't handle...)

Hi FT.

Hi FT.

• 1. DDz Quorum

For your understanding:

- There's a switcher (or in fact, there are several) to switch between (sub)versions of the game.

- There's a mod checker tool (chkmods v1.09a) that can help you fix issues with mods.

-I'm using the 1.09A switcher

Hm, that'd be the version of Check mods, not the switcher...

I wanted to know whether you are using the 'IL2VersionSwitcher.exe v.12 that came with AAA 1.1, or the switcher B16Enk created ('Switcher.exe')... but, probably you are using the first one.

As for the error you are getting when switching, is it excactly like you said "\4.08 Mod ON"? Or maybe '4.08 Mod ON (NO 6DOF)'?

You can try and delete/move the 'IL2VersionSwitcher.exe' file and the file 'currentversion.txt' from your IL2 folder, and the folder '_Game Switchers', and then run ChkMods again, and let it download the missing files. (I cannot understand how/why ChkMods.exe cannot fix the issues right now...)

• 1. DDz Quorum

For your understanding:

- There's a switcher (or in fact, there are several) to switch between (sub)versions of the game.

- There's a mod checker tool (chkmods v1.09a) that can help you fix issues with mods.

-I'm using the 1.09A switcher

Hm, that'd be the version of Check mods, not the switcher...

I wanted to know whether you are using the 'IL2VersionSwitcher.exe v.12 that came with AAA 1.1, or the switcher B16Enk created ('Switcher.exe')... but, probably you are using the first one.

As for the error you are getting when switching, is it excactly like you said "\4.08 Mod ON"? Or maybe '4.08 Mod ON (NO 6DOF)'?

You can try and delete/move the 'IL2VersionSwitcher.exe' file and the file 'currentversion.txt' from your IL2 folder, and the folder '_Game Switchers', and then run ChkMods again, and let it download the missing files. (I cannot understand how/why ChkMods.exe cannot fix the issues right now...)

I don't usually play with 6DOF on so I switch between 4.08MODS and 4.09MODS only (depending on the server or what I'm playing ex. DT's Operation Ped.)

Sorry, I am using "IL2 Version Switcher v1.2"

The error i get (as I'm stuck on 4.09MODS reads exactly as : C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\IL-2Sturmovik\4.08 MOD ON (NO 6DOF) not found.

But when I started getting this error I have tried switching to all versions offer to check and none work.

You can try and delete/move the 'IL2VersionSwitcher.exe' file and the file 'currentversion.txt' from your IL2 folder, and the folder '_Game Switchers', and then run ChkMods again,

FYI I looked in "currentversion.txt when i moved it and it says "v408m".

I don't usually play with 6DOF on so I switch between 4.08MODS and 4.09MODS only (depending on the server or what I'm playing ex. DT's Operation Ped.)

Sorry, I am using "IL2 Version Switcher v1.2"

The error i get (as I'm stuck on 4.09MODS reads exactly as : C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\IL-2Sturmovik\4.08 MOD ON (NO 6DOF) not found.

But when I started getting this error I have tried switching to all versions offer to check and none work.

You can try and delete/move the 'IL2VersionSwitcher.exe' file and the file 'currentversion.txt' from your IL2 folder, and the folder '_Game Switchers', and then run ChkMods again,

FYI I looked in "currentversion.txt when i moved it and it says "v408m".

• 1. DDz Quorum

If you did rename/remove the _Gameswitchers folder, ChkMods should've found more than just 2 errors... it should have found at least 18!

So, please retry... delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\IL-2Sturmovik\_GameSwitchers folder, run ChkMods once more. 18 errors should be found to be fixed...

• 1. DDz Quorum

If you did rename/remove the _Gameswitchers folder, ChkMods should've found more than just 2 errors... it should have found at least 18!

So, please retry... delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\IL-2Sturmovik\_GameSwitchers folder, run ChkMods once more. 18 errors should be found to be fixed...

i'm not sure if this is answered before but, r u sure u did not move your IL2 folder? or if you didn't maybe u should. maybe the switcher has a problem with (x86) in the path. try and copy your IL installation to C:\IL-2Sturmovik\ and run the switcher from there.

not sure how will chmods react on moving tho.

again, sry if that is all ready answered.

i'm not sure if this is answered before but, r u sure u did not move your IL2 folder? or if you didn't maybe u should. maybe the switcher has a problem with (x86) in the path. try and copy your IL installation to C:\IL-2Sturmovik\ and run the switcher from there.

not sure how will chmods react on moving tho.

again, sry if that is all ready answered.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Gec's suggestion would be my next step too...

Move the entire IL2 folder out of the 'Program Files\' folder.

(Or maybe copy it first). Then adjust your shortcuts to start the game to the new folder path.

(And Hyperlobby)

Then try and run the switcher.

If still unsuccesfull, run ChkMods (adjust the path to IL2 installation in there, via Tools, Options first)

Looks like changing (some) files in the Program Files folder is being prevented hindered by your OS (Vista? W7?)

Good Luck!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Gec's suggestion would be my next step too...

Move the entire IL2 folder out of the 'Program Files\' folder.

(Or maybe copy it first). Then adjust your shortcuts to start the game to the new folder path.

(And Hyperlobby)

Then try and run the switcher.

If still unsuccesfull, run ChkMods (adjust the path to IL2 installation in there, via Tools, Options first)

Looks like changing (some) files in the Program Files folder is being prevented hindered by your OS (Vista? W7?)

Good Luck!