Web site progress update 07 March **Update**

B16Enk

• 1. DDz Quorum

Slow but sure, we are part-timers after all :)

Just to show you some of the excellent work Arsenal is turning out for us (I get the easy stuff applying html to it :)):

http://www.k9squadrons.com/

The 'About us' page is basically the template we'll be using.

Now out of 'testing phase' and live so to speak, some updates to be completed on DDs, HHs and various resources pages.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Waldo....you are a genius, despite what the others said! :)

Excellent picture, do you know what the copyright status is on it?

If there is copyright I could get a photo of a hut @ Duxford we could use as a basis....

Looks fantastic guys!

One small critique though - At higher screen resolutions, the fixed size of the page will make text harder to read. Dunno how it looks with anything other than IE (at work now), but @ 1280 x 1024, the about us page is a little tough to read the text.

Coming along nicely though. Love the pics!

Fan-flipping-tastic! Love the look.

"Want action?" - Doubletap's favourite pick-up line :lol:

Yeah, go ahead and laugh, but that bayonet there he's holding...that's about the size of it, Gents, if you know what I mean. (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

Besides, Cold Gambler, isn't your favorite pick-up, "You, uh, take checks?"

ZING! HeyyyOOOOOOOOOOOoooo!

Fan-flipping-tastic! Love the look.

"Want action?" - Doubletap's favourite pick-up line :lol:

Yeah, go ahead and laugh, but that bayonet there he's holding...that's about the size of it, Gents, if you know what I mean. (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

Besides, Cold Gambler, isn't your favorite pick-up, "You, uh, take checks?"

ZING! HeyyyOOOOOOOOOOOoooo!

:mrgreen:

• 1. DDz Quorum
Artwork

Yup I need some artwork now guys, skins page could do with some screen grabs displaying skins.

I could do with a hand on listing the ac types so I can populate the skin folders ready to take uploads.

You may notice that we can now browse the skins folder, and indeed upload skins direct from the page....by a new method ;)

Try it: (you can access this from the skins page too)

http://www.k9squadrons.com/files/skins/skins_list.php (will list/browse and allow download.

http://www.k9squadrons.com/files/skins/skins_upload.php will allow upload of single files.

Neat trick that this does is it will also do a thumbnail, but it has to be a jpg so if you have a nice skin: do a screen grab, make it a jpg (size not too critical) give it the same name as your skin.

See the spit skins folder for an example of the thumbnail ;)

Access is open for anyone to upload until I implement password protection....

Same needs for missions listings, I need campaign areas etc. to create the structure.

Ditto for screens, except I just need ideas on how to structure that. I'm thinking by size/resolution. Say 1024 x 768 folders and 1600 x 1200 etc?

Tracks....Campaign track listings, training and humour?

Again artwork for the above categories would be good, and help much appreciated as this has taken up a lot of time for Jeremy and I. I've enjoyed it though! :)

Guys - please make sure that you credit properly for skins , misions etc.

I dont think most skinners will mind us hosting their skins as long as they get credited.

I will supply you with list of a/c types today Rog.

Great work guys - you should be proud of your hard work - the quality shows through

Roger,

Okay, so as I understand it, you would like us to supply a descriptive graphic for each file we send; i.e. a screenshot from a mission I created.

Do you need any other type of graphics? I am not an artist; I am talking photos, generic screenshots, etc...

Again artwork for the above categories would be good, and help much appreciated as this has taken up a lot of time for Jeremy and I. I've enjoyed it though! :)

Okay, to both test it out and because I wanted the skin available for use, I uploaded a Nightfighter skin for Mosquito IV's by SeaNorris. I got it from Flying Legends. http://www.flying-legends.net/php/downloads/download.php?id=3353. I included the author name on the JPG image. Is this kinda what you had in mind?

BTW, for those of you flying this Thursday, you might want to download this skin and put it in your skin folder for the Mosquito IV. I am using it for two of the missions we will be flying.

SN_MosquitoFB_YPU.jpg

[/img]

Dawn.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum

Okay, to both test it out and because I wanted the skin available for use, I uploaded a Nightfighter skin for Mosquito IV's by SeaNorris. I got it from Flying Legends. http://www.flying-legends.net/php/downloads/download.php?id=3353. I included the author name on the JPG image. Is this kinda what you had in mind?

BTW, for those of you flying this Thursday, you might want to download this skin and put it in your skin folder for the Mosquito. I am using it for two of the missions we will be flying.

SN_MosquitoFB_YPU.jpg

[/img]

That's great - just what we are looking for.

Good idea to put authors name on jpg too :)

Screenshot from mission is also a good idea, if you have any other screenshots that we may be able to use on the web pages themselves, although Arsenal does keep coming up with original images....!! :)

• 1. DDz Quorum

Also:

http://www.k9squadrons.com/files/missio ... s_list.php (will list/browse and allow download).

http://www.k9squadrons.com/files/missio ... upload.php will allow upload of single files.

Again this can be accessed via the menu->resources->missions, button needs sorting out on the browse page ;)

That's great - just what we are looking for.

Good idea to put authors name on jpg too :)

Screenshot from mission is also a good idea, if you have any other screenshots that we may be able to use on the web pages themselves, although Arsenal does keep coming up with original images....!! :)

Well, seeing as how I am the propaganda officer, I think I should do some propagandizing and all that. Here is the first in my series to help boost morale:

battlewise_Mess1.jpg