Thanks Doubletap!

DAZZA

Damn right! This was great. My only complaint is that it was just too short.....What a blast.

Very well done, set up, and had a historically correct feel to it. Was the first time I ever

flew combat in the STuka, and was quite interesting dogfighting gladiators in that thing-

if Hans Rudel can get 17 kills in one, I outta be able to survive.....for a while (for about 5 min).

I actually scored 3 kills i think, although one was phsyco (damn i have trouble spelling that )

when he flew up my arse after i pulled my Top Gun "put on the brakes and he'll fly right by"

manuver (there was one hurri pilot that didnt fall for that crap though). I couldnt believe

he wound up a pile of scorched parts while I got away.....for a while. Hmmpn-JUSTICE.

anyway, it was great. Im not sure of the number of pilots on there, but I think it was around 30.....

a BUNCH. God that was fun. :wink:

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Glenn,

Once again you have done it with style !! Brilliant fun.

Thanks for all the hard work you put in M8.

For my part, it was only once I got into my good old Spit that the kills started comming, which tells me that more practice in older types has to be a priority............real soon !! lol :shock:

Well done the Reds for a crushing victory !!! HE HE HE. :twisted:

Hard luck Adolf and Benito, you know you had it comming !!!! lol :(

~S~ Painless

• 1. DDz Quorum

Indeed thanks are due, and please add mine to the list.

A great night 'in' Glenn, well done!

My highlight had to be when returning in mission 3? in a 109, had a Hurri peppering me really badly but I managed to survive even though my throttle got jammed wide open (never had that before an amazing damage model). Thought my bacon was well and truly cooked when the hurri broke off and a spit took over, I think it was VT who stepped in to help then.

I felt greatly relieved when I finally got my bird down, gear up, back at the base and saw 'B16Enk is RTB'.

Excellent night!

Thx for a great night!

I enjoyed the Hurri, though she flew and felt like the parkingbrake was still on....managed to put a leak in a few planes, and actually downed Pook in a JU-88, but I think it was due to stall probs or something...anyway, my lil bb guns weren't enough, and all the warnings told in flight school aside, went a second time head to head with.........Pook again, in the same plane......we downed eachother, clipping our wings, much more effective :P

For the rest it was flying around, being on the wrong spot of the map (the action seemed to run away from me) 'till I found 2 109's willing to play....soon to become 4.....

A great night indeed, and yes, an hour is over before you know it!

Ok, I know this doesn't look right - but honestly I just spawned here...wasn't trying to do doggy style on a PE2

doggystyle.jpg

Closing in on a soon to be sunk Italian battleship. Smoking from hits already from Psycho and Doubletap. Thanks to DT, all the flak was drawn away - you can still see the silly Italians firing up at him. Only had one firing at me. Seconds later - 'ship destroyed'. Oh, then I was hunted down and killed by 109's...

shipgoboom.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum

I had a great time, many thanks...at one point I got so discusted, tried taking off five times with a JU-88, twice I was vulched (OK), crashed in a hurry trying to get up 3 times. There were so many smoking wrecks on the runway I started taking off in a different direction. (Game 3)

It was a lot of fun and look forward to this again..

Pooka

I have to admit I normally avoid those old planes like the plague. I've been missing out!

Those things are great fun and relatively harmless, at least with me behind the gunsight. :)

Definately makes bombing a more viable option.

Time seemed to go quick for me too. Enjoyed it greatly.

Thanks for all your hard work DT. Also thanks Badaim for taking blue command. Valiant effort guys.

Well done the reds. (cough)

M8's,

Thank you for the kind words. You don't really know how much I appreciate them because one gets worried with all the anticipation that when the evening comes, people will be underwhelmed or outright bored.

I want to say a few words more, but I am being summoned. Let me just say that all your gents are great sports with these missions as I know there are always a few glitches and there can be some unbalance.

Thanks to Dave, BTW, for his input on the plane set. His knowledge and experience really helped make the contest a good one. It turns out the one piece of advice he gave me that I did not take regarding the strength of the Pe-2 in mission 1 was pretty spot on. It seemed both sides agreed that the plane was the best of the lot in that map.

Gotta go. Will write more later.

Glenn

Okay, couple of notes.

I have gotten good feedback as far as the missions went, and I will use put that to good use after evaluating it. I think the Pe-2 was definitely a bit of a mismatch on the first map based on the opposing plane sets. I am going to try and come up with a solution for that, and I have a couple of ideas.

I found the log from the server which seems to have a whole ton of info in it relating the battle, but its a steady data stream so its hard to read. I am going to see if I can organize it in any way. If so, I'll put it out for everyone to peruse.

In regards to doing the next campaign, I have a couple of scenarios I want to work on, one of which is Battle of Britain which was an inspired suggestion by Guitarman. I also wanted to do a Pacific one, or Russian, to vary it up. Nomatter what I decide to go with, they will take me some time to do.

So, in regards to some suggestions along lines of reflying the previous two campaigns, I offer the following suggestions:

1) We can refly D-Day. Despite some minor tweaks needed, these are ready to run again. I will fix some small issues and do what I can to spare frame rates, but otherwise they are good to go.

2) We can redo Sand, Sea and Steel with no revisions, but with each team being reversed. I would be game for that just to see how the campaign plays out from the other side.

3) We can redo Sand, Sea and Steel with revisions, with teams either reversed, or not. The revisions I have in mind are tweaking the first mission to balance it out a bit, altering the objective quotas a bit to make them more achievable, and some other smaller things. Sunflower sent me a very insightful email in regards to the dynamics of the scenario as he saw them. (Thanks Clarke!)

Let me know what you guys think.

Oh, and also. A while back, a couple of guys asked about running these campaigns on weekends some time. I know in some ways this would be easier, and in some ways harder, depending. What is the general take on that idea?

Quick Answers:

1) I never got to fly your D-Day and would like to.

2) Interesting Idea. I'm in.

3) Also one I'd like to try

Quote:

"In regards to doing the next campaign, I have a couple of scenarios I want to work on, one of which is Battle of Britain...or Russian...."

I like the idea of a Russian eastern front campaign. Say, the battle of Kursk or Stalingrad. They seem to have a good mix of ground units and plane sets. I think you could create a good campaign around one of these battles. Plenty well documented, so you need not research your ass off to come up with something...

Okay, I admit it... I just want to be in a Lavochkin or a Cobra.

Anything you come up with will, I'm sure, be a joy to experience.

Cheers,

It would be great if you could run some of them on a Sunday and any of the options you describe would be fine. Even if it was just one mission to kick off our usual coops that would work too. No reason why we shouldn't switch sides at will as long as we keep the sides reasonably balanced.

It seems that 3 of us (Sged, Cannon and me couldn't fly any of the Pe2s and there may be more). If you are leaving the Pe2 in, could we have a bomb carrying hurricane.

• 1. DDz Quorum

All good suggestions DT.

BG, we need to get to the bottom of this PE2 issue and get it fixed.

I have an ATI equipped rig here that I can test our 'patch' on to rule that out (I don't get it on my nVidia rig).

• 1. DDz Quorum

i had a really great time on friday. although it was a long day for, i'm glad i stayed till the end.

well done glen again.

on the subject of a re-run. i'm all for it, i'd stay blue.

as to the timings, a friday or saturday would be better for me (and i would also think the other uk guys) as when we finish it is getting on for 1:00am and i could not really do that on a work day.

i had a really great time on friday. although it was a long day for, i'm glad i stayed till the end.

well done glen again.

on the subject of a re-run. i'm all for it, i'd stay blue.

as to the timings, a friday or saturday would be better for me (and i would also think the other uk guys) as when we finish it is getting on for 1:00am and i could not really do that on a work day.

If that is too late on a work night, why don't you just do what BG did? Sell one of your banks and retire.

Well i was gonna suggest the sb-2 for the blen, but we cant fly that. duh.

I dont think there is a comparible twin thats flyable.

:idea: anyway, I have 6 misns i did for my VVS fighters pt2 cmpn that is stalled that

might be usefull for template or situational use, since i based them on historical

events, mostly in the Kuban around novorosisk. Planes included hurris, P400s and

39s, iars, 109s etc. some shipping interdiction on bth sides circa early 43.etc.

If you wanted to try them for templates, ideas or to build off of, i can send them to you if

you get desperate or short of time. They were pretty decent, but would need

considerable changes of course. Might save you some time logistics wise

if you wanted to ever fool wiht the eastern front. the Kuban was the turning point

in the eastfront airwar, bigger scale than even the BoB, and of nearly equal

importance to soviet historians.

But from what ive seen so far, you sure dont need much help wiht this, since all

your scenarios have been pretty good. I just know htat time is sparse and

this mb stuff is VERY time and labor intensive.

Im game for most any kind of scenario you come up wiht. Let me know if I can assist

in any way. this was a great time.