WHY Arabs throw rocks....

DD_asas

It's all about training isn't it? Or lack of it. I remember being trained with the Lee-Enfield Mk 4 in live firing. I can almost recite the sergeant's instructions.... "Pull the butt back into your shoulder...harder, lad, harder...and take a breath, sight, and squeeze the trigger, don't jerk it!"

Now, that was funny.

Hell I almost choke of laughter.

But you know...Those guys are skilled with rocks AND firearms.

Yesterday on "Operation Honor our Heroes" I found this:

3. "Of the Iraq/Afghanistan veterans who sought care from the VA, about 38 percent have received at least a preliminary diagnosis of a mental health condition, and 18 percent have received a preliminary diagnosis for PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), making it the most common, but by no means, the only mental health condition related to the stress of deployment," Michael Kussman, undersecretary of the Veterans Health Administration, told a House Committee on Veterans' Affairs hearing in February, 2008.

@ Asus

No credit to me---I d/l'd those from some site so long ago that I can't remember where. I happened to stumble across them and thought of this thread. Perfect!

I'm guessing that someone with a lot more knowledge about the FMB placed the gun object and then the figure object from an AA gun in those positions. He/she then plotted a waypoint for an enemy a/c to come close enough to make the elephant gun fire. I still lol when i look at it!

@ Vila

NP, m8. No offence should be taken by anyone. This started off as a joke thread that progressed from the original post. You are quite right to raise the sobering facts from that site to remind us that the reality is no joke for any of those m8's or our need to be on guard and expect the worst from such scumbags. Life is better with a balance of high-low, good-bad, serious-humorous. They all have their place.

You should see some of the captions I considered for that post but discarded to avoid causing offense myself! Restraint in some endeavours is the ounce of prevention that avoids misunderstandings of intent.

"@ Vila

NP, m8. No offence should be taken by anyone. This started off as a joke thread that progressed from the original post. You are quite right to raise the sobering facts from that site to remind us that the reality is no joke for any of those m8's or our need to be on guard and expect the worst from such scumbags. Life is better with a balance of high-low, good-bad, serious-humorous. They all have their place.

You should see some of the captions I considered for that post but discarded to avoid causing offense myself! Restraint in some endeavours is the ounce of prevention that avoids misunderstandings of intent." (quote)

yes. i just post it as a joke, thats all.

That is hilarious....I THINK that first weapon (that kept coming out of thier unprepared hands) LOOKS like something in the class of one of the .460 elephant guns, obviously wiht a pretty heavy bullet.

When I was about 20, I , already being the guy COPs came to with firearm questions, had my only actual AD when my Ruger .300 mag went off on my hip as I took the safety off....with oversized gloves on. I wound up on the ground, but my firearm never did....somehow. I respect the arab guy who caught it after it flew out of his hands.

The shoulder launched weapon LOOKED to me like one of the Soviet/Chinese recoiless rifles (rocket launcher AT weapon). I don't see how that could have happened w/o it blowing up and killing everyone. Still, he was "F-ed up". That looked like a total malfunction.

The last one really freaked me out......that guy seem to have had no training at all. but what really got me was the gun...it looked like a WW2 57mm AT gun.

Very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

"You Dogz in Europe may be finding this out fairly soon. "

Hey, m8

no disrespect for your service in Iraq, But this was meant to b a joke....WE EUROS know that Iraqi or Iranian or sudanise ...r not dummy's in warfare concern.

Portugal do have military people in the kill zones too, and we had our casualties too in several parts of the world. kosovo, Afghanistan , etc...

But again THIS was a joke and not a political statement of any kind.

~S~ m8