You guys need to start getting some jet time dammit......

Enforcer57

Quick, before BG sees this, you guys are gonna need some jet time - in the next very few weeks (hopefully) I intend on posting my completed "Red Star/White Star - 1948" cmpn (formerly 47). I know some of you HATE jets (cough-BG-cough), but this is about 20 mos of VERY intense work and research, not to mention skin work by several comrades and much help from all over.

THis should have been posted 6 mos ago, but reality in the form of associated CRAP, like getting laid off, three ambulance trips and two stays in the ICU, hunting more employment, and promoting my photography (finally working it seems), and two computers crashing.

Now that I'm making it much better, I am working everyday on tweaking stuff that has to be done to get it online. I am determined to get this up long before SOW comes out, and my testers have all been very positive. There will also be some coop versions as well (and yer gonna look silly if you don't have the right skins.

Anyway, you fly the P-80 in most of them, which means dealing with slow throttle operation and not overheating. Only takes a bit of flying to get used to it, and now the P-80 is my favorite ride.

This is the thread I started on the zoo sometime ago.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/50910533/m/8791000676

It's not ready yet, but get some jet time in the P-80, as well as the Yak-15, Mig-9, Tu-2 and Pe-2, and Arado 234 if you want to fly the coop versions.

And don't tell BG......somebody may have to do the "Crimson Tide" thing, or convince him to fly the RAF Spits that are flown by RAAF pilots (that's not fiction btw).

Anyway, get some time in the US and Soviet jets so you will be ready. I'm sure if faced with a coup BG will give in.

I'm not a big fan of the jets myself (this coming from a guy who belonged to a jet sim squadron for years.......)

I always seem to burn (actually flame out) the damn engine and end up exploding....lol

I am, however, looking forward to this campaign.........been reading it since you started this thread and have been waiting for the finished product.

Having tested all of the missions, I can say it will be one hell of a fun campaign.

Kudos to Herr Karl for making it challenging, fun and realistic.

Look forward to flying them in coop mode.

For you non-jetters - there are lots of Spits, P47's, Stangs and so on.

Carl: is it too late to substitute in the Spit XlV for the Spit lX?

Heh heh. If they ever get the actual P-80A going (like it was originally submitted by the creator), it will be very popular.

JP, I intend on using the new spit as an AI later on when they most of the other planes availibe that I really need. most are being worked on, but I wish jolly would finish the meteor F4 before doing 400 versions of the 51....gonna take a while. I want to release a version htat includes the original which cn be used with standard 408, but have a mod version with the new planes. I know that a Vampire, Skyraider, P-61, Sea Fury

While playing about in a dogfight map over the weekend, myself and a few buddies discovered that the Spitfire XIV and the 262 are a good match. The result may often be inconclusive - as in, neither kills the other, but they are well-matched for that reason. A 262 flying Jabo with a full bomb-load, or climbing to attack a bomber stream, is vulnerable to a flight of XIVs that have the altitude advantage. More so than to a flight of P51s for example. The jet can out extend the Spit in a level chase or a gentle climb, but leaches power more quickly at higher climb-rates. It's inexperienced 262 pilot who tries b'n'z on the Griffon Spit.

I look forward to jet co-ops. The flame-out issues are purely related to over-zealous use of the throttle and can be overcome with a little practice. 100% throttle is very rarely required in any of them; the P80, for example, will rotate very smoothly at no higher than 92% and can be flown constantly at that setting - though easing back to 80-85% is fine for fast cruise. Dropping right back to 65% will free you from the partly-burned fuel smoke trail that makes jets so detectable at medium range.

Bring it on :)

B :dog:

Yeah, it's pretty smooth once you learn that a bit. I usually rotate about 88% to avoid overheating. On shorter runways I go a bit higher but back off once in hte air and let it build up speed. Of course, the AI versions in hte same flight climb faster as they can do 100% w/o overheating.

I am really looking forward to the new FM of the ones (A and C Hopefully) that includes the speed brake effect. Making approaches is my biggest cmplaint, as doing those big circles to lose speed is a pain that they did not have to do. Once this thing gets speed up, its pretty fast.

I used the Ta-183 as an La-15 prototype hack (see the ubi-post. a direct developement of the 183 that was availible in small numbers in 48), and that thing is a good bit faster in all aspects than the 80, as the La-15 was in reality. The only real difference is the 30mm instead of 23. Was a real challenge taking on a couple of those things in a bigger furball near Vladivostock.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna convert a fw more of them, with appropriate briefings. There will have to be alot of air starts, especially for the Soviets. Wish I had time to convert them properly, but we can still make do with what i got in mind. Still working on this nearly every day, and all the weekends.

I keep finding skins out of place for some reason. Something to do with my 2 computers crashing and drawing on the backups, but other thanthat, mostly intact.

Wish I had time to make some movies to put in , but that would take months for me to even learn how.