Flying Tuesday Feb 28

Blairgowrie

A couple I can think off. Map a couple of keys to increase and decrease mixture. I use page up and page down. Set mixture to 120% but remember to set it back once you are airborne or you will smoke. Use combat flaps on take off but just before you lift off, add take off flaps.

BG,

Thanks for hosting today. I can probably make it unless I need to run an errand and shake someone down for some paperwork.

I second BG's mixture suggestion. I used it for the first time the other day, and I think the boost in power is a big help.

The flap suggestion is great. I did not think of that. Basically, you are using combat flaps so as to build up more speed, then take off for the final boost? I have not heard that before but it makes sense.

One other thing is to have you landing gear button handy. As SOON as you leave the deck, pull the gear up. It will reduce drag and if you drop very near the water it could be the difference between crashing or not.

Thanks for the game tonight, everyone.

I thought you might like to see this screenshot, taken just seconds before my Zero became a submarine. Notice the feeble attempt to exit a spin with controls crossed all ove the place.

If you look carefully, you can just make out a deep scratch in the paint on the starboard wing. This was enough to make me lose control and crash in a most embarassing manner. Well done to the Seafire driver!

Cheers,

RD

il2fb2006-02-2821-08-14-53.jpg

Thanks for the game tonight, everyone.

I thought you might like to see this screenshot, taken just seconds before my Zero became a submarine. RD

il2fb2006-02-2821-08-14-53.jpg

AHA! See? Rocketdog can build planes that turn into submarines. I TOLD you he was a diabolical genius!