Flying Legends 2009 Attendees

Jabo

If nothing else shows up we r going to sleep in the car. Anyone knows an auto camp close or someones yard where we could park through the night and not to be bothered by the police?

Hi gec, you should be OK in the Red Lion car park :drunken_smilie:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2. Administrators

just to confirm to nick im still going..not been around again (as usual) sorting stuff out, always takes longer than you expect it to..still need to get my t-shirt lol

Cool, I was going to drop you a txt, but I see you're still keeping an eye on the boards. Yep, arrangements are unchanged - I'll be picking you up on Friday morning, in time for a leisurely mooch down south arriving at Duxford in time for a lateish lunch and a wander around the hangers to see what's going on, keep an eye open for arrivals and then back to the Red Lion for a beer (or two).

i just paid for airplane and airshow tickets so Vila and I are all set. Our plane arrives to Stansted in Friday 6:50 PM. We have a rented car waiting for us there so if anyone needs a ride we have 2 or 3 seats to offer.

If nothing else shows up we r going to sleep in the car. Anyone knows an auto camp close or someones yard where we could park through the night and not to be bothered by the police?

Bloody marvelous - glad you're definitely coming over m8s. Are you OK for directions to Duxford or shall I link a map for you? Although you could sleep in the car in the car park (it's off the main road, so there should be no problem), if people have taken twin rooms and don't mind sharing, there may well be a chance of a bed in the hotel. Might be more comfortable than the car!

I've updated the first post accordingly!

~S~ Jabo

Are you OK for directions to Duxford or shall I link a map for you?

I'll bring my GPS. i hope it'll help. I hope we can exchange mobile numbers just in case.

Cool, I was going to drop you a txt, but I see you're still keeping an eye on the boards. Yep, arrangements are unchanged - I'll be picking you up on Friday morning, in time for a leisurely mooch down south arriving at Duxford in time for a lateish lunch and a wander around the hangers to see what's going on, keep an eye open for arrivals and then back to the Red Lion for a beer (or two).

Yea im always checking the boards buddy, the one thing i can do latley without too much hassle, plan for the friday sounds good.

• 2. Administrators

Are you OK for directions to Duxford or shall I link a map for you?

I'll bring my GPS. i hope it'll help. I hope we can exchange mobile numbers just in case.

No worries m8, we usually have a round of exchanging phone numbers a few days before. Check your GPS - does it know the location of the Imperial War Museum @ Duxford?

Yea im always checking the boards buddy, the one thing i can do latley without too much hassle, plan for the friday sounds good.

Good, but I've got your phone number just in case.

• 2. Administrators

Close, but no cigar as the saying goes - You've come up a couple of miles short. You want this one;

The Red Lion Hotel, Station Rd East, Whittlesford, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB22 4NL

http://www.trlh.co.uk/

Good attempt though there's about six pubs in the area with the same name!

~S~ Jabo

• 2. Administrators

That's a real shame m8, but on the flip side you are going to be making the world a safer place so you should be having a warm, fuzzy feeling about that. There's always another time m8.

There'll be pictures I'm sure.

Jabo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

thats great zooley.

We will give you a meeting point and time near the date, i expect phone nos will be dished out as well so we can find each other..

it will be really good to meet another dog in the flesh.

• 2. Administrators

hey Nick, are we still on the plans, just checking in to make sure were still a go

Rgr m8, everything's cool. Do you need a DD shirt? I've ordered them for Gec and Vila, let me know if you want one too.

Jabo

• 1. DDz Quorum

P.S. Saturday meeting point is usually at the Red Lion - in time for breakfast. Some of those getting there Friday might be a little delicate, so no loud noises please. If you're getting there a bit later, the best bet is to phone one of the horde to find out where we are. As Colin said, phone numbers to be exchanged before the event.

Start the ball rolling...

Sid's mobile - 07974 145874

Cheerzen

• 2. Administrators

...And here's mine

Forgot this is a public thread - number deleted - will send pm to those going.

Please note this is not the same number as last year, so if you've kept it since then, you might want to change it. (I got an iPhone