Should I chock it up and start over?

Tonar

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This does not bode well. I now have the switcher installed but something else has gone wrong. When I try to run it it says it can't find "version 4.09 standard or modded" even although everything seems to be in the folder. It is not imperative that I have it running on my laptop as it works fine on my desktop but I have to wonder how others are going to fare if we move to it.

:bg:

• 1. DDz Quorum

This is what is driving the desire to create 3 applications now Jim.

1. The verification tool.

2. A switcher of our own making.

3. A download manager that uses ftp and download verification, for large files such as this. I don't expect it to be capable of restarts, but at the very least it will use ftp which is a much more reliable method of downloading files.

Update

Downloaded installer from your above link and then did the checksum which still failed with 1 error.

But

I am now able to load 4.09 modded and others with no problems after trying to install it anyway.

Although, I don't know of any 4.09 modded servers that are up to test my connection.

But I am good for now,

I will try downloading from the vault for my next attempt. I think you are correct about it maybe being a Vista related issue Brando. Thought I would delete game and reinstall. It would not delete from add or remove or the uninstall game option even in safe mode. Finally got rid of it by deleting the UBI Soft folder and then running the DVD which picked up the remaining registry entries. Now reinstalling DVD.

Finally it works!

That File Front download must be corrupted. When I first installed it on my desktop I did get some error messages but it worked. There were no error messages on the d/l from the vault.

Nice BG,

I will try again with mine sometime late this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

No joy on connecting to any modded server so far :-\ I can do no more. I am at the end of my current knowledge base.

May I take one of you gentlemen up on your offers to remotely poke around into my Hamster cage and look from a different angle? I have to be missing something.

I am sure it will make the Dogz happy since they will not have to hear me bitch anymore

Hey Tonar.

I'll be home from work in about 4-5 hours. I'll be more than happy to help you. my knowledge on mods is not so good but i can check that everything else is OK. if Roger shows up he could probably cover whole area.

I'm glad to read that you've had another try Tone. I'll come on TS around 10 GMT and listen out for you. I will host a modded game if you want to check it out.

Sometimes there's a sort of blindness that overcomes people when they're pressed up close to a problem. The answer's right in front of you but you just can't see it, at least, that's what happens to me.

We had a fine example of it last night, when one of our number just couldn't find the AAA version switcher. It turned out to be right where it should be, but this mate needed to be led right to it. It just happens that way, and now he's fixed up.

Anyway, I'll be glad to help you with any trouble-shooting you need to do

B :dog:

Edit: I'll be an hour later than I said. Our Sky HD box is one of the faulty batch that's being recalled, so I have a heap of recorded movies to get through.