Should I chock it up and start over?

Tonar

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This one is driving me nuts (in a way that I can cope with, don't fret it) and I'm determined to get to the bottom of the problem. There must be a reason for it and I'll bet it's something quite obvious that we can't see right now. I'm gonna sleep on it - and interrogate you tomorrow Tonar.

B

Here is the conf info you asked for.

Just home for lunch

[NET]

speed=5000

routeChannels=0

serverChannels=31

localPort=21000

remotePort=21000

SkinDownload=1

serverName=No Name

serverDescription=

remoteHost=logos.servegame.org

localHost=

socksHost=

Gents I appreciate all that has been done for me. I am really getting down on the whole issue. I might have to do what other Dog have done in the past.. Walk away for a while :-\

I will just have to accept for the moment that I will not be able to attend any modded events. Maybe in the future I will find the time to sit down with one of you guys and figure it out, but for now I am going to say screw it and leave it at that. Summer is coming and fishing will pick up. My time is becoming in high demand and I have been neglecting everything.

Ok guys,I am usually around from work @ 10pm GMT (aka 3pm Mountain) That is about your bed time on the other side of the pond. If you want to make a date, I can be around that time any day this week except today, I have an interview the US department of Homeland Security

Sorry Gec,

It was the Norton firewall not letting the modded IL2.exe's through. It was only letting the no mod ones through. So Rog poked around and found where to tell it to let all IL2.exe versions through. Viola!! all is well.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Other Firewalls differ in two respects:

1. When you turn them off they are OFF (Norton has a habit of just saying it is off...)

2. You can tell them that an application changes frequently, so it doesn't 'fingerprint' the executable and compare the fingerprint.

Norton in Tonar's case correctly identified that the fingerprint had changed, sadly it wasn't user friendly enough to advise that IL2fb.exe had changed (which it would due to mod switching) and was therefore barred.

I added in the 4.09 version of IL2fb.exe and that seems to have been enough to persuade Norton that all copies of that file are safe...