Re: My first re formatting problem :)

Tonar

OK, yes. FB = Forgotten Battles.

I would like to suggest that you do a vanilla re-install up to 4.08m and then add the 352nd mods package, followed by the September up-date and then the December up-date. This should give you access to BG's two servers and, if the 352nd's switcher is used, access to the un-modded versions as well.

As far as the AAA arena is concerned, I would expect there to be possible conflicts with the 352nd's version. It would depend on whether they are using the checkRuntime=2 setting to protect their arena from unauthorised versions.

Although BG's dogfight arena is set up using 4.09b standard, it is possible to access it using the modded version because he isn't using cRt=2 at the moment.

Before any of that, however - could you tell us how the kicking or non-connection is? Does it throw up any message or kick you back to desktop, or..?

B

try this:

connect to the internet over the DSL if it's not all ready connected. find out your external address either by going here: http://www.whatismyip.com/ or using ipconfig command in command prompt and search for PPP adapter dsl if u use dial up DSL.

copy the address and write it manually in conf.ini in localHost=

try to connect to servers.

OK,

So my re-format went well, but since that day I am unable to connect to certain servers. I am unable to find the link between the different servers so I am starting to think something happened during the format.

I am able to connect to:

Zekes vs Wildcats

• 1. DDz Quorum

OK it's time to grasp at straws now..

Open a command prompt (start > run > type in: cmd)

Then cd to your IL2 folder, once there type this command:

cd MODS\352nd_mod_switcher

You should now find your self with a command prompt indicating you are in the 352nd_mod_switcher folder.

Now type this command:

dir /s > 352.txt

Then:

notepad 352.txt

You should see something like this:

Volume in drive D is Vista

Volume Serial Number is 96FD-9140

Directory of D:\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\352nd_mod_switcher

29/01/2009

• 1. DDz Quorum

.. part 11

I have 2 installs.

One on C: drive that I abandoned because mod switcher did not seem right, and one on D: drive.

My C: drive is missing the mod switcher folders..........under the Mods folder, but they are in the root of my IL2 folder

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thought so Mike.

Your install is busted.

Jabo posted up a fixed version of the September mod update right here.

I think best course of action is:

1. Backup user files/settings in IL2.

2. Remove IL2.

3. Install 1946 and patch to 4.08M

4. Apply 352nd Guest package.

5. Apply updated Sept package linked above

6. Apply December update.

7. Test and hopefully enjoy!

Your switcher should look like this:

2_144549e48f63a23e334bb72849b50564

2_377bca13c2868d169aae9fb73bc34b8a

• 1. DDz Quorum
I am also unable to connect to anything in 4.08m Vanilla install without the mods added.

This is find so very weird... combined with the initial after-re-format-issue of not being able to connect to some servers, yet able to connect to others.

Can we have a copy of the contents your conf.ini in here please?

If that's normal, me thinks we need to go take a look at your router/dsl connection...

Very weird stuff...

Edit: Not being able to connect, does that mean getting a Time Out when connecting?

• 2. Administrators

Hang in there Mike.

Just as an addendum to Roger's post above, I've now tested my 'fixed' patch in XP (32 & 64 bit) and Vista Home Premium (32 bit) without problems, so hopefully it'll help you out.

~S~ Jabo