Stiff Upper Lip !

Painless

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Fine fellows,

OK ...Sir Hugh Dowding was the Commander in chief of Fighter Command during the Battle of Britain and was directly responsible for keeping back enough Spitfires and Hurricanes from the battle of France to make a defence of the British Isles possible in the summer of 1940.

He also insisted on the Radar network, the obsever core network and telephone network for Fighter Command thus avoiding the need for "standing patrols".

Kieth Park was the officer commanding 11 group, (Kent), which took the brunt of the Luftwaffe attacks during August and September 1940.

These two men were, along with Lord Beaverbrook,(who created a dispersed aircraft manufacturing and repair network), one of the main reasons we did not loose the battle.

The Bf109 reference appears to be a correction but I have seen it written else where that it was infact a Bf110 ?

What a great picture Rog! That is EXACTLY how you would expect a CO to look ! LOL

Kelly, this was from a retail BoB information pack which a mutual friend of myself and Klinger gave to me the other day. It includes more copies of things like the flight test reports on the original prototype Spitfire K5054.

A secret letter from the air ministry stating that the Russians are complaining about the Spitfires that they have received are not "new" but reconditioned which is jeopardising the current "improved relations" with the Soviet Union !