PassMark Performance Test Results

Jabo

454.2 with End It All. Can't wait till my new video card arrives :whistle:

Just did a test on the same comp with a new nVidia 9600 GT video card with 2 GIG of RAM on the card and 4 GIG system RAM. Score was 645.5 with everything running' date=' 647.8 with End It All. Not a bad increase from the previous 454.2 with End It All and the crappy Matrox 2D video card I had. ;D

[/quote']

Well this is weird. I just installed Win XP Pro 32 bit and did a test and it came out 490.8. A major drop from using the previous 64 bit system. Bummer. :(

Edited by gec
missing post

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is that weird Deputy? You should expect a performance hit going from a x64 OS to a x32 OS with tests like these.

I don't see your logic in that. First off the only change I did was from 64 bit to 32 bit. No hardware changes were made. The tests are OS specific...there is one for 64 bit and one for 32 bit. The test isn't testing the operating system' date=' it's a hardware test. So the test should, in theory, be identical or very close as far as results in both operating systems. Since my motherboard is a 32 bit motherboard that uses an Intel 925 Express chipset, it can run under 64 bit, but I don't get the memory benefits of a full 64 bit chipset motherboard like my Xeon has (it doesn't use the full 4 GIG of RAM like a 64 bit system does). So there [b']shouldn't[/b] be a benefit from using 64 bit on this computer.

The only possibility I can think of is the drivers for the 64 bit system are more efficient/effective than the 32 bit system.

Edited by gec
missing post

Not sure this is correct, but would you not be using only half the bus width under 32 bit?

~S~ Jabo

I dunno. I don't think so. Have to ask Roger. I think I would have the same bus speed under either OS, since that is a hardware limitation. According to HP, the main benefit to running 64 bit on the xw4200 is that the system is able to take advantage of larger virtual memory and process sizes. That would only affect the actual operation of programs, not hardware specs.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Quite correct Deputy.

Main difference between XP32 and 64, and why you see a performance difference, is because they are two different OSs.

XP 32 is well XP, whilst XP64 is actually a modified version of Server 2003!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my old score on my 4 year old Dell 8250:

371mp6.jpg

Quazi suggested some parts to look at for my new rig. And I finished putting it together a few days ago, but had a problem where it only recognized 2 gig of my 4 gig of memory. I was running on XP Pro 32bit and got a score of 1109.6.

But when I fixed is so it saw all 4gig of memory, and installed XP Pro 64bit I got this score:

26106scorebt1.jpg

I am really surprised at the increase with only those two changes. And I was running the 64bit version of PerformanceTest on this one. Still have a lot of learning to do, but this makes IL2 and other games just fantastic! :drunken_smilie:

Snack

Edited by gec
missing post

• 1. DDz Quorum

Wow. That is a mighty fast rig M8.

My bloody AMD bag of shite barely scrapes past 800 odd, disgusting considering it's a 6000+ with 4Gb RAM.

AMD are losing the plot, although I suspect a Phenom (larger cache) would fare better, but would still not be in the same league as those new Intel i7 monsters..

Yeah ~ 821 is the highest I've recorded with my x2 6000+ and 4 Gbs RAM sad.gif

It looks great for IL-2, so I'm happy to stick with it for a while, but I'll be taking a first-time, serious look at Intel when the new games arrive.

Congrats Snacko, that's mind-bogglingly quick.

B

Edited by gec
missing post

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished building this new rig last week........

AMD Phenom II X4 940

Asus Motherboard

4 gigs Corsair Gaming Memory

BFG nvidia 9800 GTX+ video card

Raptor hard drives 10,000 rpms

I have 4 items running in the background.....Nortons Antivirus...usb computer phone.....skype....trackir

I managed to score nicely on this Windows XP Pro 32 bit.....I'm very happy with this score.....

http://dangerdogz.com/forums.old.old/download/file.php?id=4161&t=1

316_e3830495c9ff467aefadfac360314fae

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i really do think that in our IL2 world only thing that counts is frame rates from the Black death video.

so guys if u want to brag, show us the real stuff not the manufactured ones evil.gif

Edited by gec
missing post

974 point something. Went to my local pc-store and boght two more 1gb mem sticks, defraged pc, runned another test, but same result. The pc-store-guy said a better harddrive may make a better performance. I now own a 7,200 revs and he recommended a new 10,000 revs. Well, I´m happy anyway cry.gif

Edited by gec
missing post

i really do think that in our IL2 world only thing that counts is frame rates from the Black death video.

so guys if u want to brag' date=' show us the real stuff not the manufactured ones >:D

[/quote']

I think you are right about playability from an individual standpoint Gec but from a hosting prospective, I think a faster computer may be better.

:bg:

Edited by gec
missing post

true, but IL2 knows how to use only one processor or one core. so the practical benefit of dual or quad core processor in IL2 is minimal. (you can improve performance by giving one core to IL2 and all other tasks to second core) You can have some benefit from OC processor but i hate the situation when something is wrong and i need to ask my self is it the OC or something else. These 1 or 2 % speed increase just does not cover the concern of eventual problems. (i'm not sure if that was understandable)

in other hand Passmark knows how to use all the capabilities of the dual and quad processors. so people with more cores have much better results.

Edited by gec
missing post

• 6 months later...