Flying Legends Duxford 2009

Jabo

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1. DDz Quorum

we've thought about that before Gec, but then we have the trouble of distributing the tickets, arranging funds transfers etc, so its best we just get our own ticket.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Hot on the heels of JP's decision to...erm...pull out of this year's bash, I find myself in the unfortunate position of letting you know that neither the Lanc, nor the Vulcan will be going to Duxford either... :( . On the plus side, the French B-17 has not been grounded, she'll be over here tomorrow... :)

Jabo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Hot on the heels of JP's decision to...erm...pull out of this year's bash, I find myself in the unfortunate position of letting you know that neither the Lanc, nor the Vulcan will be going to Duxford either... :( . On the plus side, the French B-17 has not been grounded, she'll be over here tomorrow... :)

Jabo

Further to my earlier post, it is my sad duty to inform you that B-17 'Pink Lady' made her last flight on 28th September 2008. A victim of 9-11, she has been grounded for good by spiralling insurance costs. This means that Sally-B is now the only flying B-17 in Europe.

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

According to their blog, the first FL guest has arrived and is installed in Hangar 2. A 2-seat Sea Fury! Not had one there for the last couple of years, so to see that blasting round the circuit will be a treat.

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Just got some very good news from a reliable source at Duxford - the first visitor for Legends has arrived...and this one's staying. TFC are now the proud owners of another (airworthy) Sea Fury - bringing the total on site to...erm...two...But the news gets even better. This new one has an original Centaurus engine (most of the others around the place have been re-engined), so it'll even sound like a Sea Fury should - four bladed prop and all!

Jabo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Met Report for 9th-12th July (courtesy of the BBC)

"High pressure will begin to build from the south-west, which will bring a slightly cooler Atlantic flow across the UK.

Temperatures will remain above the seasonal average but it will not be as hot as this week.

North-east areas of Scotland will probably see the highest amounts of rain while remaining areas of the UK will experience a scattering of showers, which will bring no more than normal amounts of rain for the time of year.

Away from the showers there should be a good deal of sunshine, which is likely to be more than the seasonal average."

"no more than normal amounts of rain for the time of year." We're doomed

• 2. Administrators

Met Report for 9th-12th July (courtesy of the BBC)

"High pressure will begin to build from the south-west, which will bring a slightly cooler Atlantic flow across the UK.

Temperatures will remain above the seasonal average but it will not be as hot as this week.

North-east areas of Scotland will probably see the highest amounts of rain while remaining areas of the UK will experience a scattering of showers, which will bring no more than normal amounts of rain for the time of year.

Away from the showers there should be a good deal of sunshine, which is likely to be more than the seasonal average."

"no more than normal amounts of rain for the time of year." We're doomed

• 2. Administrators

yup, it looks like it :( lol, anyway nick, did you get my text, i got no reply from ya.

Sorry m8, yeah I did, I'll txt ya later today (Thurs).

Just looking back over this thread, I started it waaay back in mid-November, and here we are with just over a week to go!

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

yup, it looks like it :( lol, anyway nick, did you get my text, i got no reply from ya.

Sorry m8, yeah I did, I'll txt ya later today (Thurs).

Just looking back over this thread, I started it waaay back in mid-November, and here we are with just over a week to go!

Jabo