Flying Legends Duxford 2009

Jabo

Thx!!

I'll be buying my ticket at the station where I arrive from main land, then on sunday, just need to buy another back to where I need to hop on shuttle back to france/belgium...

Hope I can manage to find out departure times by then...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone interested in a trip over to Normandy afterwards?

I'm thinking of coming out again (with all the money my wife saved with my great anniversary gift...but I'm not bitter) but want to make sure I take in more than just seeing you drunks if I'm going to come out all that way.

• 2. Administrators

Is anyone interested in a trip over to Normandy afterwards?

I'm thinking of coming out again (with all the money my wife saved with my great anniversary gift...but I'm not bitter) but want to make sure I take in more than just seeing you drunks if I'm going to come out all that way.

Just? Just!!? Well, if we're not enough for you, we're looking at RAFM Cosford on the Sunday. I suppose Normandy might be a possibility. I'd certainly like to go (if it's not too expensive)

• 2. Administrators

Yeah, I agree, Normandy's quite a big place. I must admit, I'd like to see the beaches. OK, I'm sold, pencil me in and I'll see if I can get the time off (and put the cash together)

~S~ Jabo

hmm.... maybe, just maybe if i somehow manage to get cheap air ticket to London i could come and see the warbirds in real for a first time.

my budget is rather small so could use to share a room in a hotel or maybe just a little dog house with a little pasture in it.

I would also be grateful far info about way and cost of transport from London to Duxford.

:dog:

If we hijack plane to London and steal a care to reach Duxford, we would actually have enough money to taste that British beer ;).

I'll bring two bottles of Rakija and my combat helmet.

We need to convince those Polish waitresses to piss in helmet.

First - they are not familiar wit Rakija.

Second - that brings luck.

Third - that would be a sight wouldn't it :o.

• 2. Administrators

hmm.... maybe, just maybe if i somehow manage to get cheap air ticket to London i could come and see the warbirds in real for a first time.

my budget is rather small so could use to share a room in a hotel or maybe just a little dog house with a little pasture in it.

I would also be grateful far info about way and cost of transport from London to Duxford.

:dog:

Not sure which airport you would fly into m8, but I guess it would be Stanstead (handles most of the European short-haul stuff). Getting to Duxford is really simple from there as it's only about 15 miles away so...If you're flying to Stanstead, let me know, and I'll drive there to pick you both up. Or if anybody's coming up from the South, they might be persuaded to stop off there...More money for beer!

Woohoo

~S~ Jabo

PS Is that really lucky Vila - or is it a cunning plan to save more money on haircare products?

PPS Be nice to Sid and ask him to bring the camper van...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

I'll send you a contact phone number via PM deskpilot - that way you can find out where we are when you arrive - try to get to the Saturday show if you can m8.

~S~ guitarman, how're you keeping Nick? Will you be joining us this year? - Look at the weather we had last year - No Met Officer you see!

~S~ Jabo

Man I wish I could show up. Too much reality though. I miss going to those kinds of shows, and envy you guys.

What's as much fun as the planes aer the people you meet. At Harlingen Tx in 89, I got to meet Tom Blackburn (jolly rogers) and RT Smith (AVG). I met RT in the lousy backwoods terminal

• 1. DDz Quorum

@deskpilot,

the dogz will be on parade at the show on saturday.

let us know if you are going on that day and will arrange a meet point for all those that want to meet and greet us (autographs can be arranged, and if you ask nicely I may have some pictures of the Sisters)

I'll send you a contact phone number via PM deskpilot - that way you can find out where we are when you arrive - try to get to the Saturday show if you can m8.

~S~ guitarman, how're you keeping Nick? Will you be joining us this year? - Look at the weather we had last year - No Met Officer you see!

~S~ Jabo

~S~ Nick