Flying Legends Duxford 2009

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Just thought, I'd chuck a thread up here for next year's shindig.

Flying Legends 2009 - July 11th & 12th.

No racing at Newmarket on that weekend, so accomodation should be easier to arrange than this year.

Sadly, TFC's Mk18 Spit which was resident at Dux has been sold, but an inside source tells me that this is to make way for a 'new, exciting addition' to the TFC fleet - I wonder...

That's about it for now - only 246 days to go!

IMG_0087.jpg

Just in case you were forgetting!

~S~ Jabo

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2. Administrators

Thanks very much Jabo. Must say I am very tempted. I do love that Red Lion draft beer.

:bg:

Ah yes, that'll be the Adnams Broadside then - a proper ale. Slips down a treat...

Nice to see the possibility of some new faces as well as some old ones...That's old as in familiar, not...oh never mind - I think this hole's quite deep enough.

~S~ Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Anyone know how the public transport is from Luton airport to Duxford?

Did a look on Michelin.com route planner and it says they're only 57Km apart, not too shabby.

~S~ John, have a look at www.thetrainline.com. I reckon you can go from Luton Airport to Whittlesford Parkway (the station next to the Red Lion) by going to West Hampstead by train, then tube to Liverpool St and finally train to Dux in about 2.25 hours on a Saturday morning leaving Luton at 6.14 and getting to Duxford at 8.30 in time for brekkie. Off-peak return ticket is (I think) £33.00.

Apart from travel to and from the duxford area what sort of costs are we talking about here?. I will not be in the country at the time, and will quite probably be flying to stansted airport, if I go

Indeed I do mactav. Jedi I think a single room was around £70 a night including breakfast and a quick feel of the Polish waitress. If memory serves me correctly a double room went for £40. Then you would have lunch and dinner on top of that. Not a cheap event but it is only for a couple of days. There was no cost to get in to the RAF Museum at Hendon.

:bg:

• 1. DDz Quorum

If the accomodation is looking dodgy then I will be taking my VW camper...there is a site I have used before about 9 miles away from Duxford at Cherry Hinton, south of Cambridge. Could offer basic "camping type" accomodation to 2 - 3 people if they wanted it. Obviously a "bed and breakfast"/hotel etc would be more comfortable but, hey, if needs must.

A journey to Hendon camper-style might be a little sedate though.....

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Gentlemen,

I won't be going because I had a crap time for the last two years and was bored constantly .........NOT !!!!!

Infact it was the best weekend/week of the year for me again so come one come all, lets have a bloody good laugh !!

~S~ Painless

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ah ha....dragged you out Mr P. I'm at home today, got builders in doing some chimney work and so am making the most of it re. forums etc.

Duxford was superb last year and was topped off by the Hendon trip...looks like next year could be a real "pack" event