My ISP's email server was hacked.

Blairgowrie

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hmmm.

Two things BG:

1. Why is my email addy there!! lol

2. I suspect the issue is that the Highspeedfx mail server will not allow email from a foreign IP address.

This is standard practise to thwart spammers, who could other wise use any smtp server they wanted to generate spam.

Looks like one spammer has been blocked :lol:

I think you need to speak to Packet Works for their email server details, or do as I do and use a web-based service that will allow you to also use an email client like Thunderbird.

IIRC a while back I sent you an invite to Gmail, that you took up, do you still have the sign-in details for it?

One issue you will have to overcome is what to do with the Highspeedfx mail box, if they have a back-up dial up that you can use you will be able to send from that and advise your contacts of a change of email address.

This issue is the main reason I use Gmail. I will have the same email address regardless of my ISP. And as they kindly store well over 2Gb of data I need not overly concern myself with backing it up!

If any one else wants a Gmail address let me know and I'll send out an invite.

• 1. DDz Quorum

If you would Roger, I would like to try Gmail compared tp Yahoo.

Censored!!

Pooka

Edit: Removed your addy Pooka, just in case it gets picked up by spam meisters ;)

Thanks Rog. I thought that would be the case. Until their server got hacked I was able to get away with it but they must have blocked that hole after the hack.

I can still access my High Speed FX email account and send emails by going in to their website via the Internet. This was how I checked emails when I was in the UK last year. But my address book is back in Thunderbird and there doesn't seem to be an option to import it. My contact at Packet Works is on holiday until July 24 although I am sure one of his minions could set up an email account for me.

I thought you would enjoy seeing your name in my example. Just proves you read everything. :)

Not sure I remember the details of my Gmail account but I will have a keek.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Y'know BG, worrying thing is that your old ISP had open relays....been a big nono for years now.

Surprised it took so long for them to shut them, and that they weren't blacklisted by other ISPs too....