The upgrade junkyard/flea-market

Cold_Gambler

I learned a good lesson on Friday ... Always fully research everything prior to you handing cash over...

I ordered a copy of IL2 1946 last week in preparation of my new PC and joining the DD online... On Friday I logged onto Amazon to check when my copy will arrive. On the right hand side of the page I saw an advert for IL2 - Complete edition (Forgotten battles; ACE expansion Pack; Pacific Fighters) for only £5 brand new... I could not resist and ordered it.. When I got home on friday evening IL2 1946 was waiting for me.... And to my amazement, it included all the previous versions of IL2 :( Always check and don't impulse buy!!

So now I am sitting with a brand new copy of IL2 that I don't need...

So I know this is a long shot on this forum.... but if anybody has a good home for my unopened copy of IL2 (or knows of anybody that would appreciate it) it is yours FOC (or a pint at the next DD piss up) ;)

post-847-0-97551200-1317583962_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2. Administrators

I've got a redundant BU0836 - otherwise known as a Bodnar joystick emulator board. Only used a couple of times, normally retails at £20 (including postage). Anyone interested in making their own button bay? Make me an offer!

Jabo

Have at last managed to get my hands on a Microsoft force feed back stick. Am now looking to go the whole-hog and get a throttle so I can have trim on a slider, extra buttons, etc. Anyone got a throttle from a Saitek X45 or X52 going spare? I'm ready to make a generous(ish) Xmas offer for it!!

Thats interesting FT but is it worth splitting up the set? Is there something wrong with the stick? I'd feel rather better if you e-bayed it to recover some of your outlay.

Edit; Just seen what you did with the stick part of it in another thread. :icon_cyclops_ani:

O.K. Could be interesting. I'd need Jabo's Bodnar board to make the connection between throttle and 'puter? What about a power supply? Hmmm......gonna need a soldering iron with a bit more finesse. And plastic lunch box for the Bodnar board, no? :laughing7:

• 1. DDz Quorum

I really really have no use for the throttle...even though I've put the G940 stick back together to its original state.

My lunchbox'o'slider works just fine for me...

The Bodnar board goes inside the throttle, as thet throttle has no electronics on its own, apart from the pots and switches...

The bodnar board will connect to your computer via USB, the switches and pots will connect to the bodnar board.

Throttle has 12 buttons, two trim wheels, two sliders and two hat-switches.

(And that single mode switch... which you probably can't use on the standard BU board...)

Off course, you will not have the full functionalities of a G940 throttle has when connected to the G940 stick... Like that mode switch.

Just PM me an adress, I'll check out shipping cost, and let you know, and then send it along its way... B)

Edit: a power supply you will not be needing. Bodnar board gets its power via USB. And the g940 throtlle does not have anything that draws power... oh, apart from maybe the lights in the P1-P8 buttons....

• 1. DDz Quorum

To be honest, apart from connecting the pots in the throttle to the Bodnar board, what you need to be doing is quite different... :o :o

As you will not be using a G940 stick, only a throttle and pedals, you'll have to remove the electronics in the throttle completely, and connect all switches/buttons to the bodnar board as well.

And the pedals.

Hm, as we still have plenty of time to DX, I'll open up my throttle, and have a look inside, see how many connectors need to be created.

I can also prepare wiring for connections to the bodnar board. Could then even test it with my own board...

And if that looks okay, what if Jabo sends the Bu board to me? :icon_idea:

Then I can build it in the throttle, and make sure it and the pedals work.... Saves you lots of thinkin', time and soldiering...

• 3 months later...

That is a good question sir, let me check with the trusty (sarcasm) United States Posal Service!

be right back

I'm Baaaaaack.

Well, if, and that is a big if, I can get it all to fit into a medium priority mailing box with enough padding to make the trip it should be 48.00USD. If it takes a large priority mailing box it will be 61.00USD

Let me know, paypal would be ok for payment.

David

Edit:Edit:Edit: I also have a full watercooling system for the Core i7 920 that I removed a year or so ago when I stopped using my Steampunked cherry and brass case (as it was designed for that case) I would sell that along with it for another 125.00 if you are interested.

• 1. DDz Quorum
Let me know. Since the DD site never notifies me of any replies nor PMs I will PM you my email address.

David

Well now I know I can look into fixing that David!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

• 1. DDz Quorum

I think I know what the issue is with the emails now.. possibly..

IPB in their infinite wisdom added a 'Follow This Topic' button.

What this does is make the topic appear in the search 'Topics I am Following' and not an email when a reply is made.

Apparently the upgrade removed everybody's email notifications... :(

To get an email you have to visit your user control panel-settings and set the notification options:

This image shows why I too don't get emails for followed topics:

post-284-0-63958700-1333484597_thumb.png

And why I DO get PM notifications etc:

post-284-0-01525300-1333484644_thumb.png

• 4 months later...
  • 2. Administrators

OK last shout before I eBay the lot

Intel Q9650

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3

ASUS Triton 85 CPU cooler

6GB RAM

Will split but would prefer bundle sale.

Jabo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Howdy guys,

I've got a set of MFG Crosswind rudder pedals arriving any day now so I am planning on passing on my set of CH rudder pedals to a good home if anyone would like them. Just for the cost of packaging and shipping.

Just pm me if you are interested.