The upgrade junkyard/flea-market

Cold_Gambler

1 hour ago, Jabo said:

I'd be interested in the MFDs Dave, I don't actually need them though so if some DCSer really wants them then they should have first dibs

Do they use a USB port each?

Yup :) although you can combine them using TARGET

Quote from someone using a Buttkicker with Il-2

Thanks for this really excellent upgrade. I did a demo on the SimShaker Wings software and after about five minutes of flying with it purchased a key. For my simple system and tastes, SimShaker Wings adds another dimension to bass shaking and immersion that I previously had never felt. 

I’ve used Buttkicker for two years and have really enjoyed it and think it’s a good product. But I never felt as many individual sensations from it ( hits, flaps, gear, engine failures, explosions... until I starting using your product. It opens up a wider range and depth to the bass to give you a feeling of dimension and space. Add to this a MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick and I get a sensation of being closer to the action, not just sitting at a computer but of being in battle, in a plane. 
Getting shot down, as I frequently do, has taken on a whole new meaning. 

Crash I've been interested in the Butt kicker for years, Not yours mind you, it would not be worth the cost of us shipping it over seas.

I'm more curious to why your parting with it and what did you replace it with?

I'm assuming the TrackIR fell prey to VR?

Hi Todd, you are right about the TrackIR, I have used a flat screen for well over a year. The MDFs are going as when I have the headset on I cant see them! I am in the process of rebuilding the button/trim box with switches and knobs that are easier to identify when I cant see them. I bought a buttkicker quite some time ago and really enjoyed the immersion of feeling the rumble of the engine/guns/wheels etc but the amp broke. I bought another one the gamer2 and went to a usb headset and I had issues trying to get the kicker to work with it switching between usb headset and Rift. I then went VR only and the BK worked well but last year my young dog took a dislike to the rumbles so I stopped using it. Then GBS enabled sim vibration and I have ordered a seat from Andres sim shop. Everyone seams to think it is a very good project as it uses output from the game to generate the shakes rather than the sound.this will also work with the BK but you need the software.

Look here for more details. https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/128-simshaker/

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2. Administrators

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB memory kit (4 x 4GB sticks) DDR4 PC4-3000 15-17-17-35 available for free (postage costs only) - PM me if interested.

Update - Memory has gone guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

SOLD

I am selling my Oculus Rift S and am wondering if anyone is interested.

It is 18 months old and has been used for about 6 months of that. It is in very good condition, handsets have hardly been used but the equipment probably wouldn't be sold in the original box as I'm not sure where that is.....I'm afraid I'm not a box keeper due to storage limitations. I will thoroughly clean it prior to delivery.

I am asking £120 plus postage, what ever that may be, to wherever. However, I am quite prepared to drive and meet someone halfway (UK ONLY) to hand over rather than post it if that is preferred.

Offers and arrangements via PM :)

Cheerzen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2. Administrators

DDR3 you say? Hmm. I'll go and have a dig through my spares box - I might have some in there. How many spare memory slots do you have? and what speed is your existing memory?

• 2. Administrators
On 6/21/2021 at 6:37 PM, DD_Arthur said:

Hi Jabo,

Yeah, it's not so easy to find now.

I've got 16gig of .Skill Ripjaws Z Series in 4 x 4gigs.

DRAM frequency is 800mhz according to cpuz.

I'm still hunting through my boxes of miscellaneous hardware but got nothing suitable yet...a treasure trove of random junk. Anyone remember eSATA? Found an expansion card for that...

• 5 months later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum
6 hours ago, Crash said:

I have one of these https://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=204

with 5 pots and 6 buttons. Needs soldering,wires and USB cable. And a box to put it in :) Any one interested?

How much Crash? Can never have enough spares of those