The upgrade junkyard/flea-market

Cold_Gambler

• 1. DDz Quorum

Free to a good home (for the cost of postage)....

Nvidia GTX 460 Sonic 1024m GDDR5 258B Dual-DVI HDMI CRT (has added second fan)

This card has seen active service for both myself and Painless and has never given any problems.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Microsoft sidewinder steering wheel and pedals now available!

Recently refurbished by Jabo this wheel has been great for me playing Assetto Corsa (it will be for you too, go on you know you want to, this is the only approved "other game" by the Priory other than IL2/Clod of course)

Get Assetto Corsa and you too can be thrashing round famous racing circuits in no time just for the cost of the postage

And incase you are wondering why I am passing it on, I am not giving up on the game, the green eyed monster came to visit and I wanted what the other boys had so I have upgraded to fit the category of "all the gear and no idea"

Friar

• 2. Administrators

What Friar said. It's also worth bearing in mind that like the Sidewinder, the software bundle doesn't work on win 7 but the native drivers work fine for the ffb and you can assign the buttons in-game

• 2 months later...

You all have probably noticed how "very active"  i am lately in flight sims and it is a great shame for my Warthog HOTAS and my Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals to collect dust. At the end, i could use some money to. So, with a sad heart, i decided to sell them.

I'll buy myself a simpler cheaper one ( maybe MSSWFF or Thrustmaster T.16000M USB ) so i can join from time to time.

Warthog is like new. Used it just a couple times. Pedals are older but in a good shape.

Anyways, i'll sell Warthog for $300, and pedals $75. 

I also think that i have a way to send them anywhere with no transport fee. ( i must double check that )

Cheers

Sry Goth. Jabo is right. Warthog is sold to VARP Thor, who also showed the interest yesterday, and was running with the money for me this morning in 6:50  :startle:

So i had to wake up Jabo for his decision :)

Anyways. The pedals are still on the market for you Rog if still interested.

• 5 months later...
  • 2. Administrators

I have a spare (working) SATA DVD-RW drive going begging. Yours for the cost of the postage. Anyone interested.

Incidentally it has a black bezel for anyone worried about the colour.

J

• 2 months later...

Used components following a recent upgrade:

Intel Core i7-2700K CPU @ 3.5GHz

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard 
Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz.
Gigabyte HD 7970 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator CPU Cooler

Everything working 100%, includes drivers, manuals, cables, boxes etc

West Midlands, UK

• 1 month later...

As a few of you know, I have recently upgraded my mobo, ram, cpu and heatsink.  I have used these parts for about 6 years, auto overclocked at 4ghs most of the time.  I added 6 gigs of G Skill ram a year ago because I couldn't find any matching Corsair Dominitor.  (but now I see some for sale for $50!)  So, after letting my old stuff gather some dust in the corner, it is time for it to go..  

Here is a list of what I have to sell.  I am really interested in selling it all at once so to save on shipping and packaging and will work a better deal!  But will break it up.

I put some links in there just for reference, so you can see pictures and descriptions.

Asus Rampage II Extreme: $180

Intel i7 965 Extreme LGA1366 BX80601965 3.2GHZ QPI 6.40: $80

Noctua NH-U12P CPU Heat Sink (without fans) $20
Includes fan clips for both sides.  I had 2 fans strapped to this.  It is very tall.  I could not close my case with this on.

Corsair Dominator 1866 DDR3 Triple Channel memory: $45
Corsair 3 x2gb 1866 DDR3 DIMMs TR3X6G1866C9DF

6gb G SKILL Triple Channel memory: FREE (for a total of 12 gigs of ram)

total: $325usd

Everything is plus shipping.

• 3 years later...
  • 2. Administrators

Anyone want to try liquid cooling for their CPU on the cheap?

I have a Corsair H75 Hydro AIO kit going begging due to an upgrade. Any offers? Contains integrated pump & waterblock, sealed 120mm rad and pipework, two 120mm Corsair fans, mounting kit and all fixings.