Alternative to Window's Movie Maker?

GreyKnight

Anyone know of any other free movie makers out there?

I've been trying to use Window's Movie Maker to make a video from the BoB tracks, but it SUCKS!!!!

I've tried to import .avi files that are only 5MB in size and it takes 10 mins to import each one!?!?!

Then when I close the program and then restart it, it takes 20 mins to load my saved movie project! I've tried importing videos encoded in DIVX and MPEG4 V3 formats, and they both take the same amount of LONG time to import.

I'm about to give up on it, it's rediculous! And my PC isn't old and slow, it's fast enough.

GK

• 1 month later...

What program did you find?

I've used Studio 8 but I don't care for it much either, WMM sucks it won't let you keep your file in the original compression.

I use Fraps, then Virtual dub and compress a 3 gig Fraps AVI file down to around 150meg and it looks good.

Then if I drop it into WMM to add titles, or edit a scene, and it makes it much lower quality, even if I choose the highest settings.

Studio 8 works but its very unstable on my machine and often crashes while I'm using it. So I don't anymore.

• 1 year later...

Try Wax http://www.debugmode.com/wax/ there is a free version available. I haven't messed with it much but it is claimed to be very powerful editing software. I've used E.M. Capture for most things. The free version if actually pretty nice http://www.effectmatrix.com/Game-Capture/index.htm.