Screenshot Thread

Sloan

• 1. DDz Quorum

No screenshots allowed in the screenshots thread? :shaunv2:

Not what I said!

Or are you saying you cannot post screen shots?

I was hinting that rather than use external sites for screen shots, we can use our gallery and link the images in this topic, for instance, that way we know they will show regardless of bandwidth used (photobucket limits bandwidth still?) and will remain to be enjoyed here.

If any of you have problems using the Gallery just holler (the help section is pretty good too).

• 2. Administrators

Some great shots coming through at the moment - Like the ones of Goose's P38 and Sid's 109 - the lighting is great!

Going to check that smoke mod out as well.

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Fruitbat,

What settings and/or mods do you have going to get those kind of shots. They look FAN-tastic!.

DT

i run il2 at 1920*1200, with 16xq aa, 16x af, water=2, landgeomerty=3, no texture compression, and mod wise in that screenshot the map is redkos retextured palau map which is a work of art, i also enable a prop mod for screenshots, although not for flying, always run OLC's water mods, cause they give a better sun reflection imo, and in JSGME effects=high, uranium effects, and modded clouds light, thats about it really.

Only problem I've had with the past gallery's we've had, is when we change forums, if I didn't host the picture elsewhere, I lost it. :icon_cyclops_ani:

Thanks Fruitbat, on the screens and the mod tips :thumbsu:

I wish my ISP would get my connectin fixed, If I have time, I'll try and fly today, but it if still warps, as I'm sure it will. I'll not stay.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Only problem I've had with the past gallery's we've had, is when we change forums, if I didn't host the picture elsewhere, I lost it. :icon_cyclops_ani:

Ouch m8 notfair.gif

Difference now, and it is a major difference, is it is all one suite.

Previously we had bits tacked on that were fudged to work together.

Didn't help my not checking the back up before I made changes, since discovered because we are using more than 4GB of data we can only do/have manual backups... didn't see that in the contract.

I don't know the old systems you have used, but if you patch a system together here and there to make it work with a little spit and wire, it is hard to maintain and easy to screw something up. But if it comes as a package designed to be integrated into a system, paid for and supported by the developer, it is much more of a no brainer. As long as the developer and their support don't disappear some day.

• 2. Administrators

Heres a few, ahem, of an offline campaign i've been enjoying at the moment, Nine lives, based on Al Deeres book about 54 squadron during Dunkirk and through the Battle of Britain. This is an early mission to fly over Dunkirk to try to protect the beaches, unfortunatly the luftwaffe was waiting :icon_cry:

Climbing out of Hornchurch,

gallery_607_2_400.jpg

over the Isle of Grain,

gallery_607_2_436987.jpg

in formation,

gallery_607_2_127821.jpg

gallery_607_2_282254.jpg

Crossing the channel, my house is down there somewhere in this pic, lol,

gallery_607_2_205096.jpg

gallery_607_2_96353.jpg

French coast ahead,

gallery_607_2_95930.jpg

battle is joined,

gallery_607_2_227000.jpg

gallery_607_2_309898.jpg

109's join the party,

gallery_607_2_10781.jpg

gallery_607_2_213041.jpg

gallery_607_2_202840.jpg

my victims :laughing7:

gallery_607_2_66059.jpg

gallery_607_2_252181.jpg

gallery_607_2_118183.jpg

always go for one too many, duh!

gallery_607_2_165007.jpg

turning for home,

gallery_607_2_19669.jpg

heading for an emergancy landing at Manston,

gallery_607_2_125231.jpg

on final,

gallery_607_2_378731.jpg

engine off, time for a beer, wizard :occasion5:

gallery_607_2_257274.jpg

Great campaign, well worth a go if the Battle of Britain interests you, and Sow seems to far off, lol,

fruitbat

• Like 1