Rudder pedals

APHill

Hi guys

I was wondering if it is advisable to use rudder pedals? I have a MSFFB 2 stick and have been toying with the idea of going to a CH stick and rudder pedals.

Wish I had time to play on-line with you all hopefully this fall if you guys don't

Thanks guys!

Do you all think that the CH pedals and stick are the way to go? Or could I (or should I) use my micro soft force feedback 2 stick and then CH pedals?

( I do have Trak Ir and love it)

Thanks again for the help,

Tom

I have a MSFFB2

Not planning to get rid of it unless it dies

I use the Saitek pro flight 3 lever quadrant...... Best throttle for props planes ever.. looks just like the levers in the real cockpit.

Im saving up for the Saitek pedals.

My local sim shop has droped selling CH pedals as the Saitek pedals are cheaper , better quality and more configuable.

I have a MSFFB2

Not planning to get rid of it unless it dies

I use the Saitek pro flight 3 lever quadrant...... Best throttle for props planes ever.. looks just like the levers in the real cockpit.

Im saving up for the Saitek pedals.

My local sim shop has droped selling CH pedals as the Saitek pedals are cheaper , better quality and more configuable.

I always believed CH pedals were much better quality. I know Beebop just destroyed his Saitek pedals by being too hard on them. But I don't know for sure.

:bg:

Stingray,

~~~Have you ever had the chance to try the CH quadrant throttle by chance?~~~~

No, I have a CH single throttle though and I love it don't know how I got by with out it.

I think I will go ahead and get the CH rudder pedals and hope that I can get them to work with my MSFFB 2 stick and CH throttle.

(My gunnery stinks sooo bad I have to try something!)

I've had my CH pedals for about 5 years and they still work great despite a fair amount of abuse (ie: use with dirty/dusty sneackers; heavy-footedness). The only "maintenance" I've ever done was to hold the unit upside-down and shake the dirt out and stick a vacuum nozzle onto the opening... and I've only done that twice. Excellent piece of kit.

IVe used my CH F-16 stick and basic pedals for at least 13 yrs, and they have at least 8 yrs of constant use on them. I did use the throttle for many of those yrs, but it won't function with my current set up fo rsome reason (I think it's windows XP), but I intend on getting a USB version of all of htem as soon as I can.

The CH products are extremely durable and work very well. Also, many industrial and military users also rely on the CH Stick. I know the USAF uses CH sticks often to control drones like the Predator.

Yrs ago, I had to send off my stick to CH to replace the contacts. It cost all of $23.00 and it works fine. They support their products very well.

I own both CH and Saitek pedals and the CH are much better quality, but I use the saiteks because the wider stance (nearly twice as wide) makes them more comfortable and precise (at least for me).

• 2 weeks later...

Stingray,

~~~Have you ever had the chance to try the CH quadrant throttle by chance?~~~~

No, I have a CH single throttle though and I love it don't know how I got by with out it.

I think I will go ahead and get the CH rudder pedals and hope that I can get them to work with my MSFFB 2 stick and CH throttle.

(My gunnery stinks sooo bad I have to try something!)

The saitek and CH throttles were side by side in the shop.

the Saitek has 3 levers and 9 buttons.. the CH has 6 levers and 12 buttons

The Saitek has slightly longer levers with slightly more travel (a full 90deg travel)

The saitek qradrant has cutouts and brackets that allow more mounting options and the option to expand by seamlessly joining 2 or more quadrants together. Each pack of 3 levers gives you 3 black tops 2 red tops 2 blue top and 1 long black bar.

The SST software is the same as for the X52 etc and allows macros and key strokes to be programed

The saitek levers are less than half the price.

This allows you to build a 9 lever quadrant for the same price as the CH 6 lever throttle.

The pedals are a matter of how big your feet are or how clumsy you are

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

After having them I think pedals should be bought before a throttle quadrant, they're that useful.

On one note about CH pedals, my old mobo was USB 1.0 that has no overvolt protection unlike USB 2.0.

I had a ton of strange issues, random crashes, slow operation, so much so that I gave up and took it in to a shop (twice) where they stress tested the hell out of it and every time it passed perfectly.

I bring it home and same thing.

After I put a new mobo and CPU(Asus P5B, Intel Core Duo 2.66) in (now 2.0 USB) I find out my CH rudders had a short that was feeding back into the mobo.

Unfortunately the CH pedals did not survive the journey from the second floor window to the patio and I'm now cheerily flying Saiteks.

If you're having computer issues and have CH pedals, try unplugging them.