Dogfight airstarts

I'm trying to get working head to head airstarts at 3000m.

The trouble is, no matter how I orientate "static ship: test runway_4" the airstart is always 90 deg at 2000m.

Is it possible to get a 90 deg and a 270 deg airstart at 3000m?

If you are dog fighting in the ladder would you like to spawn 2~3 km apart on the same course so your opponant is exactly 3 or 9 oclock at the same hight requiring you both to turn into each other

OR would a head to head at 3~4Km be better (if it is possible)

• 1. DDz Quorum

What ever you can achieve. I would have been quite happy with players taking off from the same airfield and then flying to pre-agreed points on the map before turning to start the engagement when both were ready.

Thanks for the work and advise from you guys.

I'll air start at 2000m both facing east with the starts exactly North-south of each other.

These means that the North starting guy has to turn to 180 at the start and the south airstart has to steer 0 deg.

Nice easy courses to fly and remember

This will put both aircraft onto a collision course and into visual range in 20 secs or so.

The reason a would like the option of airstarts as it will give pilots like me a chance (poor airmanship skills).

• 1. DDz Quorum

Ok, thats for this.

I will leave the starting altitude at 3000m. Unless both pilots spawn at exactly the same time (which I very much doubt will ever happen) this wont be a problem. Both players can climb to 3000m and wait until both parties say they are ready.

I will include something about this in the official rules post.