Hasegawa 1/48 BF109 F4 With Pilot Figurine

Knight

Ok i must say i havent recieved this kit yet...but this is a placeholder for when it arrives on thursday...also got a few extra bits for it which are :

Aires 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109F/G Wheels and Paint Mask

Aires 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109F-2/F-4 Cockpit Set

Hasegawa 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109F-4

aye pictures will come when i get the kit on thursday..this is just a place holder and to get interest in my little project..

and as for doing it in my numbers and my favourite paint scheme, means the actual finished plane will be more meaningful to me personally, and will be different to every other 109 ever built by modellers.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok heres some small progress pics...as I'm trying to make this as detailed as possible, its taking some time.

None of these bits are finished and the painted bits are Brushed not AirBrushed (quite obvious looking at them lol)

I would love peoples opinions on colours or whatever, as i would like to improve the areas you think I'm doing wrong so far.

Excuse the crappy quality, only have my camera phone handy. Also the paint chipping looks terrible this close, but you get the idea.

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00712.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

yeah, ill probably get a better one at a later stage, but he will fill the gap for now..cant complain when its in the kit.

when i progress more, i shall take the pictures in a better light and not use the Flash, as those pictures above dont do the paint any justice at all :(

Little advice needed here, something ive noticed from alot of models ive seen, including rattlers...the paint is matt...yet the actual finish is a shiny matt (doesnt make sense lol)...is this some sort of protecting wax, and if so where do i find it..

All of my models are painted in matt finish paint, and well some of them are starting to fade and as such ive scraped 7 of them as they are totally chipped and discoloured (sitting in a box in the loft for 2 years)

i dont want this one turning out the same.

Knight,

What a lot of people like to do is when you've finished your paint job and your about to put your decals on, you give the model a coat of GLOSS varnish first. Then after you've applied the decals, you add your weathering and then finish things off with a coat of MATT varnish.

I can't remember the brand of varnishes I use, but there's loads to choose from in any model shop.

Use Future floor polish to seal your kit after painting, it makes a great surface to apply decals onto then use a matt or silk varnish to finish

Info on future -

Future is a water-soluble acrylic floor coating that was developed by S.C. Johnson Co. in Racine, Wisconsin for linoleum flooring. In Australia is can be found under the names “Super Shineâ€