Hello!

DAZZA

Hi all

Just registered and also changed my user name, the 9806482 bit was a tad ill advised, but most forums have already got a Dazza.

Tried to connect to the servers to see if anyone was about, but i suppose its probably night time for most people.

anyhoo, hopefully i will get a chance to fly with most of you soon. looking forward to it.

as i said interests are many and varied, most pertinent is probably history books. unfortunately i dont tend to read many ww2 aviation books, although thinking about getting the black cross red star books (obviously not the £300 one)

more focus on broader topics, current reading Michael Burleigh's Third Reich a New history which i can totally recommend. he writes brilliantly with many sly references comparing past situations with current affairs.

actually hold on, i sound like a boring twit

i also like drinking and going out! :P

Hi mate

the TS is usually quiet apart from squad nights. The guys are good enough to host on most Thursdays and virtually every Sunday. They start off usually on a dogfight map until enough turn up and then launch the co-ops. I usually join up around 2100 GMT. I am also online some other nights depending on work - I work shifts- and family but when online I usually check out the DD teamspeak to see if there are any mates around who are flying.

Roger is working on a diary or contact section so we should be able to put up on the web site when we are available. In the meantime I have started this thread as a contact point

http://k9squadrons.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

anyway Ill be there on Sunday so hopefully you can make it and join in the madness.

Welcome Dazza. Good to see you got registered ok.

Hope Kelly and Sunflower were able to get your TS issues sorted quickly. Sorry I had to leave so quickly but my dear wife was glaring at me because I was ignoring our two guests and the meal was on the table.

There should be a good crowd tomorrow afternoon. Bart aka Col Cup will be hosting. I'll send out his IP later today or Sunday by email.

Hi BG

Yes i had a lot of fun- it was also good to pop my voice comm coop cherry!

thanks to you and all for the great welcome. i was made feel right at home

sorry i had to dash off but duty calls!

hopefully though i should frequently be able to make coops for at least an hour sundays and thursdays.

i might also get down and make a few missions, i mess around in the FMB quite a lot.

How many pilot slots do u guys usually need? 16?

I'll ride on Dazza's stylish coattails and introduce myself as well! I think like most, I have an interest in history, specifically WW2. I'm from a long line of Navy folks, one of my grandfathers was on the USS Oklahoma when it was sunk during Pearl Harbor (he's gone now, unfortunately, and never would talk about it), and my other grandfather was a medic in the army, though he never made it overseas. My Dad served on the USS Kennedy as a plane captain for A-4's during Vietnam, and I was in the Navy for 8 years, so I guess you could say that it's in the blood!

Though I've only flown with you guys for one weekend, I wanted to say what a great group of individuals you all are. You have given me a great reception, and I look forward to many more missions with you all.

Hey Arsenal,

I look forward to meeting you and all the rest of the new fellas! I don't know when this will happen, as my wife's mother just passed away on Sat. and she is flying out tonight to go to the funeral. This leaves me in charge of the 14 month old blessing, Lea Marie for 7 days by myself, so don't see myself near the computer for flying for awhile again.

What peaked me about the post was your family's military history. My father was a jet pilot in the USAF in the 50's and 60's. His two brother's were both in WWII. One was a navigator on B-24's and B29's, and the other was in intelligence? Again look forward to meeting you soon. Off to the airport.