New Model For Christmas - 1/32 Dragon P-51D

Rattler

very nice - I have started my 1/48th P-51d, it will be my first spray job and also first bare metal finish so Im still unsure how itll turn out - if you have any good spray tips please pass it on - I have a revell brush and using cans- having read more Ill probably ned to get a mini - compressor - shit this is getting as expensive as Il2

I used xtracolor for my luftwaffe - they are nice colours but take a long time to dry properly and so are tricky

http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/Xtracol ... 41325.html

I have changed to tamiya acrylics but might get the spray can for the final finish

http://www.wonderlandmodels.com/AS12-Ba ... 78409.html

with some baking aluminium foil glued on to random panels for effect

More engine work completed. The frame is glued in upper and lower sections for now, but not to each other. It's going to get a coat of paint soon. I'm considering doing a gold or silver undercoat, then the flat black overcoat to weather away, leaving the silver or gold (one modeller I read a review on used gold.)

22_f2210d4da13788622dcd50562c00a1c9

22_554fcac5935ccf93c723645084ce3c3a

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Looking good -

I fancy a 1/32 ME109 F4 but Iv got a few to finish first.

Do you find that the detailing work like the cockpit is easier on the larger scale? My eyes are getting old for the 1/48th

Oh, absolutely, Dave. It depends on the model, of course (there are some real dogs out there for 1/32 planes.)

Tail assembly completed. Rudder is posable, as was the elevators to be, but they had too noticeable of a gap, so I cemented them in a slight droop (hydraulics have let them sag a bit after parking at dispersal.)

Ok, the left wing gun bay is done. Compare the before and after - first time I've done something like this. The inside edge border is cut up spare/scrap brass from the model's own photo-etch set, painted flat aluminium.

22_3a46d4e8cfb473b4fbd5fb9b26bf7aa3