Posting your system and game information.

BBloke

Here's how:

Posting your DXDIAG information

1. Click on Start and then click Run.

2. Type dxdiag and click OK

3. Wait until the bottom left hand progress bar has finished and then click Save all information..

4. This will bring up the save box which defaults to My Documents and gives it a name of dxdiag.

DxDiag.txt

Conf.ini

COLD GAMBLER -

bloke has suggested most of my favourites like sound and effects etc but here are some additional suggestions

I have been tweaking the video options in the game and this is what is best for me on an ati 850 agp

visability distance - medium

Thanks to you both. I haven't tweaked in ages and had actually forgotten that I was running in 640X480!!

I switched it back to 1024X768- with no perceptible change in fps (probably because my machine has a decent graphics card but low end CPU).

I haven't gotten around to doing the conf.ini changes but will give those a go to see if I can get it looking nicer. I am running ATI tray tools, but I usually shut down all of my tray items when I prepare for IL2... am I correct in thinking that ATT should be left on? or can I turn it off as well and save a few cycles?

I appreciate you guys taking the time to look my system info over.

• 2 weeks later...

After another night of seow frustration any chance of taking a look at mine chris.When playing normal coops, online or single player i get 25-45 fps but on seow the highest i get is 10.Last night it was about 5 fps all the way and when we ran into trouble i went down to 3 fps i didn't even know C G was filling my spit with holes :-\ .I know my rig is not state of the art but its not that bad is it :-\

Anyway here goes.

DxDiag

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 12/31/2007, 12:50:36

Thanks chris i will give it ago.On the subject of graphics cards can you have a look at this site,2 questions

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prod ... z1p0s0n0m0

Would there be alot of performance difference between the x1950 and the x1650, i know it needs a 450+ pwr supply.

Could i upgrade the graphics card on my rig and see a difference without any other upgrades bar a psu.

Nick,

I have posted a comparison of the X1650 and the X1950 Pro. I know which one I would go for.

When 4.09 goes final you will need a 512mb to take advantage of the long distance views. The Barton 3000 chip was a great CPU in it's time but you should be looking at dual cores and PCI Exp soon if you want to stay up with the pack. Buying a X1950 Pro would tide you over for a while.

BTW, copy that link for GPU review and bookmark it. I couldn't live without it.

5_ed1ecf6b819feb9c3a3781cc342b8b20

Ok.. here goes:

XP2800+ Barton chip, 768mb Ram PC3200

X1650 Pro AGP

2x AA, 2xAF

V-Sync off

On board sound @ 16 channels, Minimal 22050

FPS @1024x768 Perfect Water 0 Effects 0

Min: 11

Max: 77

Avg: 35

FPS @1024x768 Excellent