SoW/BoB to be released sometime....

Beebop-RIP

As you might know, Ubi Razz has "confirmed" the release of "Storm of War/Battle of Britain" for November 2006. (can anyone say '2 weeks'?) Nonetheless he is adamant about the release date.

I saw some screenshots of the 109 and Spit cockpits and they are AWESOME! The clouds look good as well. If you haven't already, look here: http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/screenshots.php

More info can be found at SimHQ:

http://www.simhq.com/_all/all_019b.html

Fortunately for those of us with less than ideal BoB computers, we have a couple of patches to go with this game.

As far as I am concerned, I love FB/AEP/PF and will keep it on my hard drive. (It helps to have a 250Gb drive ;-) ). However I intend on getting SoW/BoB as soon as I can afford it.

Anyway, just a heads up to everyone.

Arthur

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1. DDz Quorum

Looks like at least four of us are prepared for a new addiction.

Aside from the eye candy, and the amazing weather effects to be experienced, the main draw for me is to have 6 DOF with my TiR :)

Without question, the best gaming experience I have had in the last two years has been with IL2 and the expansions, so yes, I will be purchasing it as soon as I can get my hands on it. :D

Prolly have to buy a new computer to though. This old girl is starting to show her age a bit....

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps, I think I will give it a month after BoB release, just to see what people who know alot more about these things say about it. Maybe see how peoples computers cope . Also see what comparisons are drawn between it and Il2 by you guys !! Like a few others, I suspect, it may be that I have to trade my whole system for something a little slicker, so I want to be sure BoB is all its cracked up to be !!

Although its a large financial commitment to upgrade , the hours of fun justify the investment !!!

That was a little practice sales pitch for the wife when the time comes !!! What do you think ?? LMAO

~S~ Painless :wink:

Im not sure- Id hate to just dump il2fb -I have the other Battle of britain that uses 6DOF and I couldnt really devote the time to get into it due to the hours I spend on this game.

I really like the balance in the current game , and the plane choice. Ihave hardly touched the surface of all the add-on campaigns I have. So I will wait for feedback and look at my system specs- I cant afford to upgrade to a higher spec machine for at least another year.

The killer will be how the on-line community moves- if IL2fb is not supported by good servers like warclouds then I will be forced to move.

I hope the Dogz will continue to support il2fb for a while and continue to use it on squad nights- I feel it will be a while before we have the choice of campaigns we currently have for BOB

I will definately get it as soon as I know i can run it

ive got a glass of water at the ready to accidently spill over my old pc and get the insurance

thing is i really want to see an enviroment shot, the background in the ones posted didnt look too hot

i think nov 2006 is a little optimistic too

As much as my wallet gets itchy just thinking about it, I'll prolly hold off a month as it will be able to purchaced at half the release price somewhere.

Then I can put the money saved into a much needed new video card. Oh, and a new motherboard to hold it. And the new monitor so as not to waste the updated graphics and ...

Freelancer

You need another poll choice:

"I will after I know it does not suck!"

I rarely buy brand new software, usually waiting a quite a while before picking it up, which makes it somewhat less expensive. Only part of it is thrift. Most of it is limited time. I REALLY have to know I will enjoy something for me to invest the time to play it, as well as the money. Hell, I only bought IL2 late last year, but its been almost the only thing I have spent time with since then.

Anyway, the exceptions are software titles that A) I am really forward to, B) I have gotten/seem/read good reviews on.

BoB is definitely one I am looking forward to, but I would need to know that it was worth the money first. Reports of too many bugs, or a really underwhelming experience compared to IL2 would kill it for me.

In any event, looking forward, I would think that the K9's would not abandon IL2 completely. Quite frankly, it would take a pretty awesome piece of software to compete with it to that extent. If and when such a piece of software (maybe BoB is it) comes along, I would not mind alternating between the two. As good as BoB may be, it will NOT offer all the choices that the IL2 series currently does, so it will retain its sparkle.

• 1. DDz Quorum

i voted that i will wait. if it means a computer upgrade then i am afraid that this is 1 dog that will have to leave the kennel.

i can not justify spending probably £600-£700 just to have the latest game. il2 and all its additions has enough for me, spitfires, hurris 109s heinkels. ok they might have to fight each other over russian soil, but hey i am flying not driving.

In the current game there are lots and lots of planes that i have not set foot in (fewer now having flown with the dogz) so there is still lots to explore.

I have not taken part in many missions so there is that as well.

i have to say that i do not care if it includes a mark ? this or that which climbs at 50 secs/meter faster than other versions

a fringe view perhaps but that is my position.

As you might know, Ubi Razz has "confirmed" the release of "Storm of War/Battle of Britain" for November 2006. (can anyone say '2 weeks'?) Nonetheless he is adamant about the release date.

I saw some screenshots of the 109 and Spit cockpits and they are AWESOME! The clouds look good as well. If you haven't already, look here: http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/screenshots.php

More info can be found at SimHQ:

http://www.simhq.com/_all/all_019b.html

Fortunately for those of us with less than ideal BoB computers, we have a couple of patches to go with this game.

As far as I am concerned, I love FB/AEP/PF and will keep it on my hard drive. (It helps to have a 250Gb drive ;-) ). However I intend on getting SoW/BoB as soon as I can afford it.

Anyway, just a heads up to everyone.

Arthur

Just what is an "ideal" BoB computer? I don't know if mine will run it or not, and that will definitely be a limiting factor.

I'll wait and see,

I'm still trying to tune my PC for IL2's best. I also agree with frior about how much stuff I have not explored in the game. and I have only had my IL2 for less than a year. :shock: so I am not burned out yet. every time I fly I see something new and cool.

• 1. DDz Quorum
I'll wait and see,

I'm still trying to tune my PC for IL2's best. I also agree with frior about how much stuff I have not explored in the game. and I have only had my IL2 for less than a year. :shock: so I am not burned out yet. every time I fly I see something new and cool.

Hi Mr. VT.

Apologies to you, I still owe you a talk-through to get your VIA AGP fixed.

When will be good for you to link up with me on MSN, or TS if you don't have MSN?

• 2 years later...