NEW DISCORD SERVER DETAILS - SIGN UP NOW - Dogz Members Only Private Thread ×

fw 190a6 finished

delta7

Pretty cool D7, and it's got my lucky number too!

I'm surprised the engine cowling hinges from the back on a FW-190. Imagine taking taking a round through the middle of the cowling and it shatters the clasp and the cowling flies up and buggers the pilot's view!

~S~ D-7

Looks very nice mate. I will have to get my new pregnant maid to clear off a spot where I can begin building one of the many kits that have been coming to my door from e-bay auctions. I got a bunch of Tamiya 23ml paints also. I reckon over fifty jars in mostly flat military colors. I still need some hobby knives and glue, oh and an air compressor for my air brush. I will have to do some organizing to make room for all this stuff.

What are you going to build next Dave? I have a couple of lovely Hobby Craft kits in 1/48 scale you may like. The La-5 and the La-7 ! I am joking mate. I know how you loath those Russian planes. I do have the kits and they seem pretty nice. I haven't got any Luftwaffe planes yet. Mostly Japanese and American stuff. I guess I am more interested in the Pacific Theater of Operations during WWII. Probably from flying Zekes vs Wildcats.

Once again well done mate and let us know of your next project.

Logos :flying:

Very nice... I think you did an excellent job with the mottled paint on the sides of the fuselage.

Which kit was it? I can't wait until my son is old enough that he (and maybe his pop) can enjoy making these :)

It was the eduard 1/48th kit but I really would urge caution with this one mate - its a nice kit but tricky - the guides for the major fits are not good so you have to assemble and fit and check against further assembly , then check again before fixing - it can be frustrating - in the end I couldnt close the upper gun cover due to a slight misalignment at a early stage - there is also a very tricky fit for the wings - one small piece that effects several others and the overall fit of wings to fuselague - much gnashing of teeth there and if Id any hair left it would have been pulled out.

the mottle was done with a sponge dry brushed and dabbed on