Olegs BACK!

Crash

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're doing some rather wild speculation on some pics and info that doors open, I'll do some speculaiton too. I'm cautiously optimistic about the update, and happy about this small detail because it confirms a level of complexity that the previous pictures and information released has hinted at.

The aircraft in BoB, and in particular the damage model, are going to be far less generic than they have in the past. Look at the pictures of the Hurricane and Mess models released, the first thing I noticed was that every spar, longeron, and system was depicted and depicted in a different colour. If they are modelling the INTERNALS of the aircraft, it's for a reason... I'm looking forward to hydraulic gear that droop down when the oleo is hit and oil is leaking out, electrical systems that go down when the battery is destroyed etc... and I see the "useless doors that open" as only one aspect of this. So I'm cautiously optimistic as I see this detail as confirming my hopes in this respect.

Since we're doing some rather wild speculation on some pics and info that doors open, I'll do some speculaiton too. I'm cautiously optimistic about the update, and happy about this small detail because it confirms a level of complexity that the previous pictures and information released has hinted at.

The aircraft in BoB, and in particular the damage model, are going to be far less generic than they have in the past. Look at the pictures of the Hurricane and Mess models released, the first thing I noticed was that every spar, longeron, and system was depicted and depicted in a different colour. If they are modelling the INTERNALS of the aircraft, it's for a reason... I'm looking forward to hydraulic gear that droop down when the oleo is hit and oil is leaking out, electrical systems that go down when the battery is destroyed etc... and I see the "useless doors that open" as only one aspect of this. So I'm cautiously optimistic as I see this detail as confirming my hopes in this respect.

• 1. DDz Quorum

OK I'll be a little controversial here.

I'm all for maximum detail, including opening doors and highly realistic ground objects.

Agreed it has no bearing on the flight characteristics (with the exception of opening doors which may impact airflow and therefore aerodynamics) but it does have a direct impact on immersion.

The fact that these details are a boon to movie makers is secondary, and may or may not be the intention of 1C:Maddox.

To look out of one's cockpit and see a realistic landscape, swoop down and shoot the crap out of a moving ground object such as a tank or train, and see a well made damage model display the effect of your gun burst, has got to be a trip.

Putting a burst into an aircraft and seeing a door drop open, knowing that that tells you a). your aim was good and B). the aircraft you hit will now perform differently has also got to be a trip.

And knowing that 1C:Maddox will put the same level of attention to detail in the flight model is good, take their time on release I say. It's worth the wait.

And yes I'm also looking forward to seeing what the Machinima gang produce with it :)

• 1. DDz Quorum

OK I'll be a little controversial here.

I'm all for maximum detail, including opening doors and highly realistic ground objects.

Agreed it has no bearing on the flight characteristics (with the exception of opening doors which may impact airflow and therefore aerodynamics) but it does have a direct impact on immersion.

The fact that these details are a boon to movie makers is secondary, and may or may not be the intention of 1C:Maddox.

To look out of one's cockpit and see a realistic landscape, swoop down and shoot the crap out of a moving ground object such as a tank or train, and see a well made damage model display the effect of your gun burst, has got to be a trip.

Putting a burst into an aircraft and seeing a door drop open, knowing that that tells you a). your aim was good and B). the aircraft you hit will now perform differently has also got to be a trip.

And knowing that 1C:Maddox will put the same level of attention to detail in the flight model is good, take their time on release I say. It's worth the wait.

And yes I'm also looking forward to seeing what the Machinima gang produce with it :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2. Administrators

Back again - interesting that Oleg makes passing mention to BoB's follow-up "we plan other theater, which never was modeled yet well" - oooo

North Africa - I'll go get the sunblock... ;D

Jabo

P.S. Did I ever mention that my grandfather used to drive Montgomery's car?

• 2. Administrators

Hi C_G

Regrettably, as my Grandfather passed away over 20 years ago now, the likelihood of my being able to find any photos of him either with the car or Monty or both are slim, but he told me himself of the time he spent chauffeuring Monty about during the lead up to D-Day.

On a slightly related note, tomorrow is the anniversary of the loss of his brother (a Wellington pilot) during a raid in 1943 - he was 21

~S~ Bill - I owe you

Nick

• 2 months later...