• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ JP

Don't forget it is a must that we visit Hendon air museum on the Sunday M8, it really is awesome.

For your return journey, Heathrow and Gatwick are only just over an hours drive from Portsmouth so I can give you a lift there .

I gave DT a lift to and from the airport and he seemed shaken but not stirred !!! LMAO ;)

~S~ Painful.

• 1. DDz Quorum

JP,

If the only flights you can get in on the Friday are to Gatwick, let me know, I may be able to sort something out for you. I dont live that far from the Airport and would be able to take some time off work to pick you up. You could then stay at my place Friday night. We could then travel up together on the Saturday morning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

No JP, Just the saturday. I have to get home on sunday (as does painless I believe). It was mentioned that a trip to RAF Hendon which is on the outskirts of london might be possible, but you will need to plan how to get back to where your staying (if the plan to go home with Painless is now not going to happen)

• 2. Administrators

Same here (Saturday only) JP, Mike and I live in Yorkshire which is a fair way off (although not on the American or Canadian scale) and in the opposite direction from Hendon which is why that won't happen for us either

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Fine fellows,

Still hoping to follow this plan:

Arrive Duxford Red Lion Saturday morning @ approx 08.30 ,( possibly with Klinger ), eat breakfast with some of you boys, hopefully including JP.

Watch airshow all day, get tear in eye and lump in throat at the sound of Merlins.

Drink too much Saturday evening and make face muscles ache with laughter @ Red Lion. Fall asleep in bar, get carried up to room by busty barmaid and punished for being "a very naughty boy" :P

Drive to Hendon air museum around late morning Sunday with whoever can make it .

Probably drive home Sunday evening to Portsmouth, (depends on Rog's plans/commitments).

Possibly go to Normandy with JP on Monday/Tuesday for a couple of days to learn how to really hate the Germans !! LOL ;)

Give JP a lift to the airport just too late for him to catch his flight and leave him to enjoy 48 hours in the departure lounge !!!

IS THAT A GREAT PLAN OR WHAT !!!

~S~ Painintheass

• 1. DDz Quorum
Watch airshow all day, get tear in eye and lump in throat at the sound of Merlins.

Drink too much Saturday evening and make face muscles ache with laughter @ Red Lion

Sounds like a plan to me.

Whats this "possibly" with Klinger. Tell him to put down his chisel and nail gun and get his arse to Duxford.

I need to meet the legend that is Klinger

• 2. Administrators

Got a couple of contacts 12 o'clock high - possibly bandits...Uhh sorry, been spending too long on TS. Ahem. I've got some accomodation contacts for those that need them. Details below

The Old School B&B

Tel: 01223 701878

url: www.theoldschoolduxford.co.uk

New Inn House B&B

Tel: 01799 530463

email: enquries@newinnhouse.co.uk

Both of these places still had vacancies this morning. Possibly worth a try if you're still casting around for somewhere to stay.

Cheers

Jabo

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I finally got my airline ticket booked.

Leave Victoria at 2pm Thursday and get into London at 11am Friday.

A long way just to see you lot, but I was noticing the North American DD contingent was a bit weak, so thought I could make the sacrifice.

Already sent a note off to Painless - but for you UK chaps:

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ JP,

Great news M8, looking forward to an excellent week filled with WWII nostalgia :).... and beer of course.

Klinger, thanks allot for that M8, I was going to look all that kind of info up and email it to Kelly, job done, your a star ;)

~S~ Painless