IL-2 Mod/Hacks Discussion

GreyKnight

Anyone know how to get the newly flyable planes into Coop missions?

DT

I just installed the sound mod on my back up computer. I went in and created a mission with the HS-129 in it and then saved it. Only problem I saw was the maps are all in Russian but the solution for that has already been provided in my other post.

~S~ DT.

Sorry. I am too dumb to even attempt to install this hermorfradite creature into my system. Also things like this scare me. If my computer goes down I am screwed. The neighbor kid who used to fix all my little screw ups moved to Chicago so I can't risk anything going wacho on my only rig.

This is for for you techno adventurers. I will play it safe. Damn, I ain't this conservative in other areas of my life.

Logos :offtheair:

Hmm, i would love better in game sounds but i think it will come at a heavy price.Once the game code is cracked to allow modding it just opens up Pandora's box to all sorts of evils.I will gladly suffer being shot down time after time to somebody who is better skilled in flying but to continually be killed by some hacker I'd rather eat my own shit . I gave up on online FPS because of that very reason.I feel very strongly on hackers and they would stand along side the worlds terrorists that i would have lined up against the wall and shot :)

I just tried the P-38 in QMB and WOW!!!

The sound of those 2 engines is SO GOOD! I think the only words to describe it is... PURE TESTOSTERONE! The cannon sound was amazing too.

I have to fly an offline campaign with the P-38 now. The MOD was worth it just for P-38.

10/10

• 2 weeks later...

It's fun. In the few moments of flying time I can grab at night I have been practising dropping cargo and paratroopers from my C47 and Ju52. Makes for a really good change of pace. So far I've had no problems with them - they have made auto-installers for most of the mods and have also made auto-un-installers for a couple of them.

Currently they're making a map of the Slot and one guy is making a huge map of France. Also the Aleutians and Malta are under way. Interesting stuff to watch. The new maps are a bit of an experiment as no-one has made mapsthat size before (I *THINK*) so it's not clear how they'll work. The makers are able to fly about on them though so that's encouraging.

One final mod update - a French guy is working on objects and ships. the ships individual gun postions are destroyable with gunfire and the smaller boats can be sunk by strafing. He's also made it so that the camo nets are no longer invulnerable to gunfire. Small stuff but all adds to the realism and enjoyment, particularly in a ground attack simulation.

• 13 years later...

Hi I bought il2 1946 2 years ago and only wanted it for heavy bomber but I only had a b24 until my PC wouldn't let me play il2 1946 show I had to restart it and then there was no b24 or midway map and now I'm stuck with a20c and g but I want b17,b24,b29 and heavy britsh bombers and maps please help thank you ps my PC is offline 

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Benboy

As far as I can remember the B24 is included in the latest update which I think is 4.12.2. If your game is up to date the B24 should be there.

If you are flying offline and you want other bombers and maps then perhaps you should try the BAT installation found on the SAS forum here  

Cheerzen 

Sid

• Like 1