Track IR4 problems

Highlander

things I would try

1) make sure you have the latest drivers

2) check your setup from here

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name ... ow&kid=384

3) check that there are no unusual light sources like mirrors or pictures that can reflect light and effect it

4) if that does not work then go to naturalpoints forums for further support

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0&C=2

good luck

Thanks Delta. I downloaded the latest driver and havent moved anything in the house in a month or so. It just seemed to come on all the sudden. I messed around with it last night and have it working but I have to be very close to it for it to work . I'll post a note on the natural Point forum and see If they can help too.

Highlander,

Are you using the Track clip pro or the regular reflective clip? I'm still using the tir2 with an active led that I made. In the software there is an option to turn the led off on the camera. Mabye that has gotten turned off. This would only affect the reflective clip tracking. If your using the Pro clip then it should'nt matter. Try using a TV remote pointed at the camera in the tracking screen and see how far you can get a dot on the screen with it. Just point the remote at the camera and start moving it away while holding a button down on the remote. Mine will pick it up pretty well from 10' away. That would confirm the camera is picking up a signal well. If your using the Track clip pro and your getting a good dot with the remote test then I would suspect the clip. If your using the regular reflective clip then there may be a bad led on the camera. I have'nt used the Tir4 so I'm not familiar with the software but the mechanics of the thing should still be pretty much the same. That's my two cents :) Hope you get it sorted out.

~S~ Okie

I have the IR4 pro clip. I tried the tv remote and got to 10 feet or so .I cleaned the reflective strips and set the pixel size down and now it works to about 2 feet. I am going to order new reflector strips and see if that helps some more. Thanks M8 for the help.

Jamie