What Missions Would You Like to See?

Being someone who likes to muck around with the mission builder, I'd like some ideas about what kind of missions people would like to see. If you have some specific ideas, let me know, and I will work on it. Put those ideas here, and I, or maybe someone else, can put it together.

I think its obvious that everyone has their own preferences, and because of that, mission types vary greatly. Some people only like historically correct scenarios; some don't care as long as it involves shooting people down. Some like missions which are very realistic, which might entail hours of flight time; other prefers ones where action is fast coming. There is no correct answer as to what is the best type of mission, but put down what you would like to see done and we'll see if we can do it...

• 1. DDz Quorum
I would like to see some 1941-44 era intruder-style attacks over Western Europe (Spits, Mossies, etc.). "Rhubarbs".

I'll second that.

After flying the A20/Mossie channel mission last night I got hooked.

In the ready room you will find details on how to upload missions to our ftp server ;)

I'm also working on getting the ability to attach files directly in the forums too :)

As long as plane sets are balanced and there is a choice for both the groundpounders and fighters then Im not much bothered. I prefer western front Europe but its always good to have some variety and the carrier misions of the pacific are a laugh as I try to take off :wink:

Because the Mosquito has always been a favorite of mine, its easy to comply...

I am working on a series of 5-6 missions based on the early history of Mozzie's deployment. Its actually pretty interesting stuff, as apparently the early teething problems and unusual design made command unsure what to do with it. Over time, however, the plane began to find its own and became a hot commodity. I am sure many of yoy guys are aware of it, but its news to me.

Missions will entail the variety of roles it was put in, including Recon, Night fighter, strike fighter and Nazi party crasher (these are going to be my favorite I think).

One mission I could use help with. Apparently at some point the RAF began to use Mozzie's to try and collapse railway tunnels by lobbing bombsinto them. The program apparently met with mixed results, but I thought it would be a unique mission type. Does anyone know of a map where there are train tunnels? I do not think there are, but am not positive. I also looked to see if it was a placeable FMB and it is not. I may be able to jury-rig something, but thought I would ask first.

Missions will entail the variety of roles it was put in, including Recon, Night fighter, strike fighter and Nazi party crasher (these are going to be my favorite I think).

One mission I could use help with. Apparently at some point the RAF began to use Mozzie's to try and collapse railway tunnels by lobbing bombsinto them. The program apparently met with mixed results, but I thought it would be a unique mission type. Does anyone know of a map where there are train tunnels? I do not think there are, but am not positive. I also looked to see if it was a placeable FMB and it is not. I may be able to jury-rig something, but thought I would ask first.

Operation Jericho (attack on Amiens prison) would be very B) .

I can't think of any railway tunnels on any of the maps with mountains... I'm curious to see what solution you can come up with. :) It could also be used to recreate the Indiana Jones Last Crusade scene

Hi all

Personally i have a real love for the early soviet campaigns, I16's, those biplanes (name escapes me), early laggs and migs

think i am still nostalgic for those early days on the steppes playing forgotten battles for the first time

also, on a different tact- any tempest mission!

do any of you guys fly axis, or is that a dirty word? :twisted:

Hi all

Personally i have a real love for the early soviet campaigns, I16's, those biplanes (name escapes me), early laggs and migs

think i am still nostalgic for those early days on the steppes playing forgotten battles for the first time

also, on a different tact- any tempest mission!

do any of you guys fly axis, or is that a dirty word? :twisted:

I'll keep that in mind when I host Dazza. I think you must be referring to the I-i53 which is a fun aircraft to fly.

A number of the group fly axis all the time.

See or hear you this afternoon m8

CARRIER MISSIONS

I have the complete Banzai file which has 20+ carrier missions which I am in the process of modifying. Most of them are "stationary ships" and the speed has to be changd to allow take-off with bombs and full fuel. I should have them done some time next week. Will only take a day once I get started.

CARRIER MISSIONS

I have the complete Banzai file which has 20+ carrier missions which I am in the process of modifying. Most of them are "stationary ships" and the speed has to be changd to allow take-off with bombs and full fuel. I should have them done some time next week. Will only take a day once I get started.

BG,

BTW, I remember recently seeing on the Ubi boards someone writing that how you place stationary carriers (Direction N-S-E-W) affects the ability to take off. Apparently based on the map, the wind is modeled to come from a certain direction, and by having the carrier face that way gives at least gives wind to increase lift.

Obviously, given the choice, I would use moving carriers anyway, as they look (and work) better but in say DF servers maybe perhaps that would help a bit.

Folks,

Finished a couple of Mozzie Missions, "Moonlight Mozzies" and "Night Terror" which will debut this Thursday. Both are night missions, obviously, but the first is anti-bomber night-fighter, and the second is the bush-whacking of German planes at their French airfields.

When people have gotten to try them out and give some feedback, and I make any needed adjustments, I'll send them out to everybody.

Came into some info (not much yet) about Mozzie's in the Pacific, and the carrier based models. Would like to do missions based on these when I get more info. If you can point me in a direction, much obliged.

Along the eastern front, I'm looking to do more missions with the Allied supplied planes fighting with the Russian forces, particularly the P-40 and Hurricane. I know they are not the sexier planes on that front, but I think it would be interesting.

Also, finished a revamp of the DF mission "Save The York!". Basically, the RAF and Luftwaffe square off for 30 minutes, during which the Germans need to sink the BB to win. Takeoff sites are closer than before, and there is now a RAF carrier solely for landing as per a K9r suggestion. Beauty of it is that if you get killed, you can respawn immediately, but of course, that takes time and you lose position.

Dawn.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can we have some early battle of britain missions, hurricanes and HE111 great fun. :twisted:

Guitarman,

I found someone who had created a BOB campaign, and I converted a couple of the missions already, which we have played. I plan to convert them all, hopefully by next week.