So...Who's up for this one?

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Although the show is not confirmed yet, I thought it might be worth getting some idea of who's intending to get to Legends this year? Usual drill...

Jabo - Fri-Sun - Accomodation required
Fenrir - Fri-Sun? - Accomodation required
Blubear - Fri-Sun - Accommodation required
Fruitbat - Fri-Sun - Accomodation required
Crash - Fri-Sun - Accomodation required
Beagle - Fri-Sun - Accomodation required (possible)
Painless (possible)
Sid (possible)

• 2. Administrators
1 hour ago, BluBear said:

YES! Friday and Saturday night, will probably do both show days so back Sunday evening.

Same here Chris - three years is too long between shows so will need a bigger fix this year

• Like 1

After Crash, Painless and Sid talking about it this morning, it sparked my interest. The air show is probably about as far north as it’s likely to get, so maybe should take the opportunity to see it and finally meet up with some of you guys. Do you do a block booking for accommodation? I’d like to see both of the days and probably head home on Sunday evening, so Friday and Saturday night accommodation for me.

Tickets too? Or do you just grab them online when they go on sale?

• Like 2

• 2. Administrators
20 hours ago, Beagle said:

After Crash, Painless and Sid talking about it this morning, it sparked my interest. The air show is probably about as far north as it’s likely to get, so maybe should take the opportunity to see it and finally meet up with some of you guys. Do you do a block booking for accommodation? I’d like to see both of the days and probably head home on Sunday evening, so Friday and Saturday night accommodation for me.

Tickets too? Or do you just grab them online when they go on sale?

We haven't block booked rooms previously, as it's a bit difficult to organise so we generally come to a consensus as to a suitable hotel and people book their own rooms - as Crash says, often we will book twin rooms and share to reduce costs, but it's up to the individual concerned.

• 1 month later...
  • 2. Administrators

Given that we’re now in April, I think we’re in a situation where this is likely to be a scrub especially as it clashes with Goodwood and RIAT.

Well, there's quite a bit of activity at DX in getting their fleet back in the air, with the Gladiator making its first engine runs since 2017 last week.

Also, the BBMF have self confirmed their attendance both days on their website: Displays | Battle of Britain Memorial Flight | Royal Air Force (mod.uk)

I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

• 2. Administrators

Hmm, well, I've been offered tickets for Goodwood for the Saturday which will need paying for so dunno, may need to bail out of this one as if I'm going to be down south anyway I could do RIAT on the Sunday. Tricky.