No Tank Engine Sound - Results of my testing

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Just to let those interested parties know, I have contacted both original posters for the Bronco and A4-E mods as well as asking one of the testers from DCS if they are going to look at it or does it rest with the Mod creators.

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

One down, one to go... after contacting the A4-E development team directly.

08jne01 commented 16 minutes ago
This is fixed on develop if you want the fix before the next update just download the develop branch and replace your current install Sounders folder with the folder from the develop branch.

This folder here.
https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/tree/develop/A-4E-C/Sounds/Sounders

@DDFriar
DDFriar commented 14 minutes ago
WoW - that is excellent news, many many thanks. I will relay the news to our server managers as well.
Salute.

@08jne01
Collaborator
08jne01 commented 14 minutes ago
@08jne01 - Many thanks. I should have stated that I was in the Open Beta version in case that makes a difference, which I am sure it might, but then what do I know! I did ask one of the DCS Beta testers about this and if they would be investigating from their end but he replied to say that his brief is to check on errors in the vanilla version and that the onus lays with mods to interact with DCS not the other way round so I have my fingers crossed that you may be able to find a solution as it is such a great plane, we have it as a mandatory mod on our server.

Yea DCS sounders are very old and not used by most stuff now, ED hid all the sound files a while back but the sounders rely on these hidden files so it's easy to cause a bug in their system because our file would technically overwrite theirs. Getting them working was finicky but now that they are working I was able to go through and actually figure out what files were necessary or not.

@08jne01
Collaborator
08jne01 commented 13 minutes ago
WoW - that is excellent news, many many thanks. I will relay the news to our server managers as well. Salute.

Yea just bear in mind if you use the fix above it's Sounders (with an S on the end) you don't need to replace the Sound folder as the one on github does not have the actual A-4 sound files they are stored elsewhere.

@DDFriar
DDFriar commented 11 minutes ago
Sorry, meant to ask - when is the next full update planned for? if it is not too far away I may wait for the official update?

@08jne01
Collaborator
08jne01 commented 8 minutes ago
Sorry, meant to ask - when is the next full update planned for? if it is not too far away I may wait for the official update?

It's generally whenever plusnine and I get time to do it, I'm pretty busy at work at the moment and I know plusnine is busy too, so it might be a little while.

@DDFriar
DDFriar commented now
ok thanks.

• Like 2