Re: Graphics card upgrade

Friar

well done - and very good price too

one suggestion tho is to put the graphics card on its own power lead without splitting- use the splitter on other things like hard drive and floppy etc

dont have to if you arnt getting any problems but if you do then try this.

• 1. DDz Quorum

thanks chris, i did come across your previous diagram this morning when reviewing this thread.

i did not think that from the way the cables were connected that it would have been possible to put the gfx on its own, i do remeber now dave pointing this out before.

I will have another look tonight when i get home to see if i can re-arrange them.

Salute and thanks once again

• 1. DDz Quorum

Nice Colin :)

Nice diagram Chris, I never thought of splitting across rails.

Going to give that a go, and see if I can solve my bloody GPU issues that way.

I have also read that my mobo has a 5V feed, from a floppy connector, that is intended for SLI setup.

It is also recommended for non SLI by the DFI aficionados...fingers crossed I can play again!

Thanks you two.. it took me days to figure out what the diagram was trying to tell me and it tied me in no end of knots because of connections that I'd already utilised.

Glad its helpful.

Never thought the floppy line could be used for SLi... I had serious contemplations on getting an addon PSU unit to sit in one of the spare 5.25 bays.

• 1. DDz Quorum

many thanks for the heads-up, but i dont think I am going to push it. i am now happy with what i have. the grass could look greener over the fence but there could be a mole waiting to put up a dirty big pile of earth!