My latest model....

Rattler

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guy's are reminding me why I stuck to ground targets when I was an active builder! If'n ya screw up, hang a duffel bag off it (or a fuel can or.....). That technique doesn't work so well with planes.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ chaps, getting decals to "suck down" onto surfaces is a bitch. That micro sol twin pack is very good normally but a little trick I used to use, (when I had an air brush!) was to varnish the whole plane, post painting, with gloss varnish and let it dry for 48 hrs.

This does two things, it prevents the colours "smudging" when touched and gives e very smooth surface to apply decals to.

Once done the weathering can be applied followed by an all over coat of silk varnish to give a good "scale effect"

If, like me, you don't have an airbrush at the moment you can still use the same method with a brush, but NOT with thinned down varnish because it may well remove the paint !! :-\

Canopy parts stay in the box untill the rest of the kit is completely finnished if possible

thanks painless

here it is finished - I might emphasise the lines more and add exhaust smoke but I baisically wanted it clean - I read he hardly flew it anyway. I left off the black tulip leaves from the nose as I believe they were ordered not to use them as it made it easy for the russians to id him and there was a bounty on his head

finished1.jpg

finished2.jpg

finished3.jpg

the 2 I have finished on top of my bookcase- the Meis tiny even compaired to spit

finishedpair.jpg

just ordered my eduard FW 190A6 MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

got rave reviews so looking forward to this- Ill need to get my paint technique down tho as it is still a bit rough compaired to spray gun but improved ove rfirst effort - Im thinning the paint down well. I actually like brush painting so cant see me getting a spray gun - they are very expensive as well . maybe santa will come to the rescue tho

Rattler,

Could you take a photo of the paint schemes the instructions have for this model and show me please?

As I've bought an Airfix 1/72 model 109-G6 and it has transfer and paint scheme (in black and white) for the same squadron as your one, JG53 "Pik As".

I'm looking around to find decent colour scheme photos.

Rattler,

Could you take a photo of the paint schemes the instructions have for this model and show me please?

As I've bought an Airfix 1/72 model 109-G6 and it has transfer and paint scheme (in black and white) for the same squadron as your one, JG53 "Pik As".

a good idea is to look at skin

s for it for the g6 in il2 at airwarfare or cannonuks site and then you can take a screenshot and use this

Rattler,

I'll scan the instruction sheet for you, John.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Dave , looks great M8.

Have you considered a silk varnish to give a scale shine ?

Remember that 1/48th Spit I did a while ago ? That was brush painted but was finished with a small aerosol silk varnish which gave it an airbrushed quality final coat. Can was about £5.00 I think.

~S~ Painless

Ok, I finally have my own digital camera (actually, it's for my eldest boy, but he lets me use it!)

Here's where I've gotten to so far...

[attachthumb=1]

[attachthumb=2]

Sorry about the lack of brightness on this one; played with it to get the interior detail, and it got dark...

[attachthumb=3]

[attachthumb=4]

22_fe9f7dfc79b9a1d6923a40f04c692fca

22_525991fe539696c579c837e7e5bee98a

22_eeaf436463ee8592e3f2adf2b5b62455

22_2eba1cd8ae9d2ce9f8242aabcfdc5d64

Rattler,

Take a look here for scans of my intruction sheet, John.

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a258/ ... 000025.jpg

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a258/ ... 000024.jpg

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a258/ ... 000023.jpg

Hope that this helps.

Great looking Models, makes me want to break out my modeling Kit and start building again,

The last one I did was one of a ME 262 and I still have it somewhere from over 20 years ago ...

• 2 months later...