My latest model....

Rattler

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oooh! Nice one Rattler, show us the pix asap!

I'm after doing a Bf-109 G2 1/48 myself. IF I can ever get one. They're like rockin' horse poop.gif.

I was looking at this a couple of days ago, well impressive

http://modelingmadness.com/scotts/axis/ ... 9/24g6.htm

At that scale, I guess there are A LOT of details on that plane of yours too.

I remember way back when...

For my 14th birthday, the folks got me a 1/24th scale Revell Spit and a 109.

They built up real nice for those days.

I'd love to find the pair again and have another go at it.

Looking forward to seeing how your build progresses :)

Im still pluggin away with my hasegawa 1/48th hartman 109k but Im not really happy with the kit-it got rave reviews but some of the fit wasnt great and the surface doesnt stand up to sanding well, the revell spitfire kit was much better Trying to get the flaps and radiator to sit in down position is a major pain- the contact area is very thin and they keep coming off. To cap it all I was starting the paint job yesterday. It started off very well , I thinned the paint and it went on very nice- then I tried to touch up a minor flaw and the shade had changed and it was a bit thicker so it looked shit- so I took all the paint off and the thinner loosend the glue on the flaps and rads so they fell off along with some other minor fiddly parts- AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

it was very close to being thrown in the bin but I worked on it again and everything is back on so Ill be back to painting it next week

Here's pics of the base coat interior. Details to be done soon - when report cards are done!

[attachthumb=1]

[attachthumb=2]

[attachthumb=3]

[attachthumb=4]

[attachthumb=5]

[attachthumb=6]

[attachthumb=7]

22_95bc75f0e9a4a1d3cfe95916bdcdfd2d

22_04534ebe2a0c798c007a60a8240f9356

22_b9c79224829e722d6ad68365dac46a93

22_13d6b792b572671223015b57566b0e5f

22_3185cb94f110ec1b4ad47007c40736cd

22_758310310516ab4bd2dce872cbda7c42

22_e22d832e58a32d4785814ad8341c0bcd

I haven't built a model in many years. Then it's ironic seeing this thread because I just picked-up some models to put together as a family night project.

We've got a 1967 Ford Mustang (the wife's dream car), an ME-163 Komet & an La-7. Finished getting paints ext. we needed, now we just have to get started on them.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Rattler, I love cockpit detail, its best when they "raise" the instrument detail so you can dry brush it don't you think ?

Are you going to scratch build some "fag butts" ,(English version), to put in the ashtray ?

• 3 weeks later...

For the instrument panel, I'm going to do what another guy did - cut out the individual guages and micro-sol them down over the raised details. It looks really sharp!

[attachthumb=1]

Well, the decal solvent didn't work out so well.

It's going to be alright. :pysch_couch:

Step back......take a deep cleansing breath........exhale & light the fuse on the big firecracker you put inside it. Any remaining larger pieces can be dealt with using a bat. :baseballbat:

This is Dr. Streaks official prescription for fixing most frustrating situations in life. :drunken_smilie:

• 1. DDz Quorum

It's going to be alright. :pysch_couch:

Step back......take a deep cleansing breath........exhale & light the fuse on the big firecracker you put inside it. Any remaining larger pieces can be dealt with using a bat. :baseballbat:

This is Dr. Streaks official prescription for fixing most frustrating situations in life. :drunken_smilie:

Wow...I must try that method on the ex-wife!

PHEW -

its been saved -

used toothpaste to remove glue from canopy then klear floor polish to shine it up and looks fine now

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2 ... nopies.htm

klear also makes a good varnish to protect the model and so Iv coated it with this and started the decals- they take very nicely on top of this finish

the cockpit that fell of fhas been trimmed and fitted with the help of bluetac - this took around 3 hours of work to get it to sit right

im working on the decals now and then some weathering - Im going to use a spounge and silver paint for this - Iv seen pictures of this and it works nice, Ill emphasise the panel lines with pencil and then put the final varnish on and that should be it.- probably take around 2 weeks due to work etc