Ground crew and comms

Sid

• 1. DDz Quorum

Morning geezers...

I have an issue in that the ground crew don't want to talk to me (perhaps understandable) and that an aircraft won't load the selected weapon change.

I have tried to get them to talk via '\' in order to get the A4 engine started but there is no reaction. Is there a game setting I am missing? I run the openbeta and it worked a couple of months back. I made a fast mission for the Bronco, selected CAS but I can't find anywhere to arm with weapons. In the mission I can select the weapons and skin, I get the rearm sentence but nothing happens. Any ideas?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Happy New Year Skidders!

First step is to ensure the canopy is open - a lot of modules will not allow rearming refuelling with the canopy closed; you'll still be allowed to access the refuelling/ream menu, you'll laboriously make your edits and then... nada! This happens to me in the Mosquito a lot as I often forget to open the side window!Ā 

Ā 

• Thanks 1

• 2. Administrators

Occasionally planes have other idiosyncrasies... engine has to be off on the Harrier for them to remove chocks. The ground crew are angsty about getting sucked up through that engine!

• Thanks 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks chaps, all sorted. I think the reload/rearm might be something to do with the fact that I used the Fast Mission builder...it only has the basic options. I made a mission with the mission editor for the Bronco and it worked. Copied the mission and changed the Bronco for an A4 and it worked too. The comms might be something to do with my keyboard...I added a button keypress for the comms panel setting '\' off my hotas and they talk to me now, it appears '\' isn't picked up by the game as a valid key.

Having fun.... both aircraft are great to fly. Might pop in on a Thursday evening to get the A4 weapons sorted if someone could help please?

• 1. DDz Quorum
1 hour ago, Sid said:

Cheers Fen. Is it possible for the Bronco to be put on the server?

It's possible....

But it does mean that anyone who wishes to join the server has to have the module installed; I'll ask everyone politely if they are happy to have another unofficial mod a/c in their hangar...